cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMA8451Q reset

Jump to solution
kubiznak_petr
Contributor V

In the MMA8451 accelerometer datasheet, I did not find too much information on the device reset and startup process.

Naturally, when I reset the device (writing to the CTRL_REG2), it needs some time before it can again communicate. Can someone please describe the device reset process or at least advice on recommended delay (minimum but sufficient) before the communication can be initiated again? And is it the same for all three types - MMA8451Q, MMA8452Q and MMA8453Q? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Petr,

A software reset can be activated by setting the RST bit in the CTRL_REG2 register in both Standby and Active modes. The boot mechanism resets all registers and loads them with their default values that are shown in Table 12 of the data sheet. It  takes approximately 350us (500us max) and is the same for all MMA845xQ accelerometers.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Tomas

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct" or “Helpful”. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Petr,

A software reset can be activated by setting the RST bit in the CTRL_REG2 register in both Standby and Active modes. The boot mechanism resets all registers and loads them with their default values that are shown in Table 12 of the data sheet. It  takes approximately 350us (500us max) and is the same for all MMA845xQ accelerometers.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Tomas

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct" or “Helpful”. Thank you.

0 Kudos