cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC1322x USB DONGLE Erasing the Flash

frédérictomas
Contributor I

Hello everyone,
I have bought two MC13224 USB DONGLE evaluation board for create a network for motion sensors. http://cache.freescale.com/files/rf_if/doc/ref_manual/1322xUSBRM.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=1

As you can see i this data sheet, they explain for erasing the flash i must put two Jumper on pad J3 and J4.

The 1322x USB Dongle has two jumper sites designated as J3 and J4 (see Figure 3-8) located on the

non-component (back) side of the PCB (see Figure 3-5). Use these jumper sites to erase the FLASH.

1. Short Jumper J3 Pin 1 to Pin 2.

2. Short Jumper J4 Pin 1 to Pin 2.

But i still don't understand between what and what i must link the jumper, it is written that it's between the pin 1 and 2 of J3's pad and same for J4 but where is the pins 1 and 2 ?
Sans titre.JPG

Other datasheet said that i must use the VREFH and VREFL pads too.
Someone can show me where i must weld my jumper for erasing the flash ?
Thanks you very much, by the way if you have other idea for erasing the flash of this device ..
Frederic TOMAS

9 Replies

frédérictomas
Contributor I

Re,
I have succeded.
For the issue, you must weld one wire on each pad (J3, J4, VREFH and VREFL) and also on J1's pins 1 (VCC) and 4 (GND).
After that, link J3, VREFH and GND together and J4, VREFL, VCC  together. and follow the procedure for erasing the flash.
Good luck

AlanCollins
Contributor V

USB_Dongle.jpg

You can also refer to the way it is handled by other 1322x reference designs: 1322x-SRB, 1322x-NCB, 1322x-LPB.

0 Kudos

pankilpatel
Contributor I

Hi,

I just need to short these two pads which you shown in image for erasing the flash?

0 Kudos

AlanCollins
Contributor V

Short the pads (jumpers will do), and power cycle the device (RESET button will do).

Then, after power cycle, you remove the jumpers, and the device is ready for use with internal flash erased.

0 Kudos

pankilpatel
Contributor I

Thanks.

I am using connectivity SMAC demo application from BeeKit for range testing. After loading .bin of connectivity  application on flash, will it work by it self or do I need another settings for working that application?

0 Kudos

AlanCollins
Contributor V

It should work. Connect-disconnect the dongle once you loaded the new image. 

This USB dongle enumerates to PC as COM port using FTDI chip. So, it's just matter of locating that COM port #, then open a serial terminal (e.g. Hyper Terminal, or Tera Term), and you should be able to see a menu and run the connectivity test demo.

Are you using Test Tool to load the .bin file to the board? If yes, then you have access to the BeeKit installation folder. There you can find an SMAC demo user's guide that gives you a step by step guidance on how to run Connectivity Test.

0 Kudos

pankilpatel
Contributor I

Thanks a lot.

And from where I can get original firmware of sniffer device.After testing I would like to configure it as a default device.

0 Kudos

AlanCollins
Contributor V

Sniffer Firmware can be found here: 1322x Development Kits|Freescale under the name"1322XUSBFW".

0 Kudos

emnasalhi
Contributor I

bon travail :smileywink:

0 Kudos