Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL15 Series MCU with sensor fusion and without MQXLite

Jump to solution
allgood38
Contributor I

Hi,

I've just started using the Kinetis MCU series, and would like to take advantage of the sensor fusion library for motion tracking and gesture recognition.

Is the KL15 MCU series compatible with sensor fusion libraries?

It appears the evaluation version requires use of MQXLite, does the full development version require this too?

I wasn't planning on integrating MQXLite with the project, but if I were, is there an additional licensing cost associated with it?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Stephen,

If you haven't already, make sure you grab the latest sensor fusion release from http://www.freescale.com/sensorfusion.  We no longer have separate evaluation and development versions.  The kit now includes complete source code for all functions with no license checks at all.  It's totally open (and free).  You will need a KL15 variant with 128K flash/16K RAM.    MQXLite it not required, but you will need to instrument high, medium and low priority tasks for sensor sampling, fusion and magnetic calibration respectively.  This page has a discussion on portability topics.

Let me know if there are unanswered questions after you read it.

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Stephen,

If you haven't already, make sure you grab the latest sensor fusion release from http://www.freescale.com/sensorfusion.  We no longer have separate evaluation and development versions.  The kit now includes complete source code for all functions with no license checks at all.  It's totally open (and free).  You will need a KL15 variant with 128K flash/16K RAM.    MQXLite it not required, but you will need to instrument high, medium and low priority tasks for sensor sampling, fusion and magnetic calibration respectively.  This page has a discussion on portability topics.

Let me know if there are unanswered questions after you read it.

Mike

0 Kudos
allgood38
Contributor I

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the info! Really happy to see that the project has been open-sourced.

Stephen

0 Kudos