cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KITFXLC95000EVM not connecting to Sensor Toolbox

Jump to solution
fredericksoo
Contributor II

hi, I've got a brand new KITFXLC95000EVM but I'm having trouble connecting to Sensor Toolbox.  I've downloaded the latest version and started it.  It says 'Finding HW.  Please Plug in the board.  Scanning port: COM5".  Revision is 4.2.1.14.  

I've plugged the board into a USB port.

The green power led is on (switch is on).

The TX and RX LEDs are blinking - the TX four or five times for each time the RX LED blinks.

The FTDI driver seems to be working - it is set to 9600baud, N-8-1.

Can somebody help?  I'm pretty much stuck.

thanks!

Fred

Labels (1)
1 Solution
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Fred,

The reason of why you cannot connect your kit with the Sensor Toolbox Software is because you are trying to use the Sensor Tool-Box Software revision 4.2.1.14 which is not the correct Software for this evaluation board, you can download the correct software from www.freescale.com/sensortoolbox

The correct software mentioned as: “Software for KITFXLC95000L only v1.0”

The installation of this software will include some useful documentation, example applications, ISF core libraries, prebuilt applications, trainings, etc…

Best Regards,

Jose

View solution in original post

8 Replies
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Fred,

The reason of why you cannot connect your kit with the Sensor Toolbox Software is because you are trying to use the Sensor Tool-Box Software revision 4.2.1.14 which is not the correct Software for this evaluation board, you can download the correct software from www.freescale.com/sensortoolbox

The correct software mentioned as: “Software for KITFXLC95000L only v1.0”

The installation of this software will include some useful documentation, example applications, ISF core libraries, prebuilt applications, trainings, etc…

Best Regards,

Jose

fredericksoo
Contributor II

yes, thank you, that worked!

I'm looking now for Module 7 (writing a a sensor adapter) - is that available yet?

0 Kudos
margaretnadworn
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Fred,   there is a raw version of Module 7 for writing a sensor adapter for ISF but it isn't ready for prime time.   What sensor are you trying to include?    The sensor adapter may already exist.   Let me know and we'll see what is the best way to proceed. 

0 Kudos
fredericksoo
Contributor II

hi Margaret,

I'm trying to interface with a 3rd party gyroscope - the STM L3GD20TR - since I can't seem to get the FXAS210002 yet. 

I'd also like to do some basic PWM on the GPIO pins - is there any information about how to do that?

Fred

0 Kudos
margaretnadworn
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Fred,

For the 3rd party gyroscope, you would have to write your own sensor adapter.   But if you are interested in the FXAS21000/2, then I think that will be the easier option.   A sensor adapter is provided for the FXAS21000.   We do not have one for the FXAS21002 but we think it would be an easy update.    Would the following plan work for you?

- Send you an FXAS21000 for your application development and use the existing sensor adapter and embedded application for that

- Send you an FXAS21002 when we can get you an engineering sample and work with you to get the sensor adapter updated

If necessary, I'd help you with the 3rd party gyroscope because ISF is configured to do that.

I'm going to have to ask about the PWM and get back to you on this.

Regards,

Margaret

0 Kudos
fredericksoo
Contributor II

yes, the FXAS21000/2 would fit my application - I wanted to use it but it was hard for me to get my hands on either of them.

Some samples of either the FXAS21000 and FXAS21002 would work for me, as they seem pin compatible.  The sooner the better, as I'm trying to proof the prototype.  I've already got a PCB built up with the STM on it, but would be willing to spec out a board with the FXAS21000/2 if it saves me time and headache!

I've ordered samples in the past, what information do you need from me? 

It is critical that I be able to access the GPIOs on the FXLC95000 and be able to do some basic PWM signaling.  The reason I chose the FXLC95000 is so that I don't have to have an MCU on board - we are trying to minimize the form factor.  Otherwise, I would choose an MCU + 6 axis IC.

thank you!

Fred

0 Kudos
margaretnadworn
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Fred,

Can you contact me directly at Margaret.Nadworny@freescale.com?  

That way I can get your address and make arrangements to send information as well as sample parts to you.

This is a perfect application for the FXLC95000.  

I'd like to be sure you have the latest version of ISF and the associated documentation.

There hasn't been a solid answer on your GPIO question but am still pursuing.

Regards,

Margaret

0 Kudos
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Frederick,

Just to make sure, when you mentioned "Module 7 (writing a a sensor adapter)", are you referring to a WIN8 drivers? If you do, then unfortunately no, it's not available yet.

Have a great day,
Jose Reyes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos