cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN5169 - I2C Communication

matthew3
Contributor III

Good Afternoon,

I have two MCU's both JN5169. I am struggling to put together code so that i can communcate from one MCU to the Other MCU. I have seen a few examples of code but are struggling to understand how to do this procedure. I have looked at the User guide on pheripharals API.

Much help would be appreciated

Kind Regards

Matt

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Matthew, I hope you're doing well!

The Serial Interface peripheral included in JN516x devices is a similar serial interface to I2C. It can be configured to work as both a master or a slave.

To setup communication via two JN516x devices using this protocol, one needs to be assigned to each role. The integrated peripherals API guide has descriptions of both setups, and also shows the necessary procedure to send data from one device to another, either from slave to master, or master to slave.

Both types of configuration (master and slave) allow for a custom callback function to be called when a transmission is requested. This callbacks can be registered by using the vAHI_SiRegisterCallback function. The peripherals API guide has a callback function prototype in appendix A.1 that you can use as reference.

The functions related to the SI peripheral are included in the AppHardwareApi_JN516x.h header file.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

matthew3
Contributor III

Hello Sebastian,

Thank you for your reply. I have gone through the callback functions but still struggling. would it be possible to have an example of a write function from the slave to the master and also a read function from the master to the slave using the JN5169 and from ADC channel 1 on the slave side.

Kind regards

Matthew

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Matthew,

I'm sorry for the inconveniences this may cause, but the provided documentation is the only reference we can share at this moment.

If you need more information regarding the way the Serial Interface works, or general API questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos