I am looking for an (ultra low power) Micro and sensors...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for an (ultra low power) Micro and sensors...

chandranpalanis
Contributor I

I am looking for an (ultra lo power) Micro (and sensors) for a new product that has the following. Please suggest a Micro and sensors. The total price target should be under $7.

1. Low power Micro that can operate in 2 AA batteries.
    2. Just enough RAM memory to store a 10 second video from #4
    3. Motion detector
    4. Camera -low res, B&W just for gesture recognition. facial recognition not needed.
    5. USB (for power supply only, overrides battery, no communication needed)
    6. 4 I/O for LEDs and relays
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

krithisuryanara
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Chandran,

Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately at NXP we don't make Infrared motion detector sensors, ours are more capacitive sensors for detecting gestures.

Regards,

Krithi

0 Kudos

krithisuryanara
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Chandran,

Yes, we have sensors and MCU's below $7 for your use case. MMA8652FC will be a good sensor to consider for gesture recognitions such as shake, motion, orientation, etc and is priced about $0.54 for quantities of 1K . I'm not sure how much memory you would need for a 10 sec low res video on an MCU but we have K64_120 MCU that you can consider with 256 KB RAM and 1024 KB flash for $5.45 (10K quanitity pricing). So, totally sensor + MCU is within your budget of $7. Also you can try our eval boards FRDM-K64F (to evaluate the K64_120 MCU) and FRDM-FXS-MULT2B (to evaluate sensor MMA8652FC) . The MCU chip includes many GPIO pins that could be used for your LED's and relays.

Regards,

Krithi

0 Kudos

chandranpalanis
Contributor I

Krithi,

Thanks for the info. By motion detector, I meant an infrared motion detector such that it detects a human nearby and wakes up the Micro, which starts the camera.

Best regards,

Chandran

0 Kudos