cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make MMA9553L go into DOZE mode?

Jump to solution
海涛毕
Contributor I

I try to use an MCU to communicate with MMA9553L by I2C. I'm sure that I2C and other command works fine.

As I've read the MMA955xLSWRM, I try to write command {0x12,0x20,0x06,0x01,0x04} to the cfg register, but it shows the same phenomenon with command {0x12,0x20,0x06,0x01,0x00} . The current is still very big.

So I want to know, how to make MMA9553L go into DOZE mode? Why I'm wrong? What should I do?

My E-Mail is biht@neusoft.com if necessary.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JackITB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Attached presentation describes how to optimize and reduce MMA9553L current consumption.
The most effective means are the following:

- autonomous suspend feature of the pedometer application,

- doze mode of the sleep/wake application.

I hope it will help to solve your issue. Don't hesitate to ask for further details if needed.

Regards,     Jacques.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JackITB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Attached presentation describes how to optimize and reduce MMA9553L current consumption.
The most effective means are the following:

- autonomous suspend feature of the pedometer application,

- doze mode of the sleep/wake application.

I hope it will help to solve your issue. Don't hesitate to ask for further details if needed.

Regards,     Jacques.

0 Kudos
海涛毕
Contributor I

Hi, Jacques Trichet

Thank you very much for your help. That PDF is useful. I have deceased the current successfully.

0 Kudos
JackITB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Excellent,

FYI, we'll release soon a new FW revision for MMA9553L which reduces significantly the pedometer operating current.

I'll email you directly when it will be available.

海涛毕
Contributor I

Thank you for notifying me. By the way, will MMA9555L update to a new FW at the same time?

0 Kudos