How to configure unused LF pins in FXTH87?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure unused LF pins in FXTH87?

Jump to solution
sunrme
Contributor III

I designed TPMS sensor on FXTH87. And I don't want to use LF receiver, so I have to configure LF pins to avoid a floating input. What I have to do? leave pin not connected or connect to Vss, or something else?

Really appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
franklatona-r49
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

From a hardware point of view, let the LFA (pin 17) and LFB (pin 16) float.  As described in Section 2.3.7 of the datasheet, each LF[A:B] pin will always have an impedance of approximately 500K Ohm to Vss due to the LF receiver input circuitry.  The LF[A:B] pins are used by the LF receiver when the LFEN control bit is set, and are not functional when the LFEN control bit is clear.  The LFEN bit is in the LFCTL1 register.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
franklatona-r49
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

From a hardware point of view, let the LFA (pin 17) and LFB (pin 16) float.  As described in Section 2.3.7 of the datasheet, each LF[A:B] pin will always have an impedance of approximately 500K Ohm to Vss due to the LF receiver input circuitry.  The LF[A:B] pins are used by the LF receiver when the LFEN control bit is set, and are not functional when the LFEN control bit is clear.  The LFEN bit is in the LFCTL1 register.

0 Kudos
sunrme
Contributor III

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your reply, I will let the LFA (pin 17) and LFB (pin 16) float.

0 Kudos