cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure freemaster based on KIT9Z1638 board

dws
Contributor III

Hi all ,

I am using KIT9z1638 board based on CW10.6, I used osbdm,I wondered if it can scope through FreeMater

I used the Demo software from the NXP.

thank you ,

looking forward your direction.

Dawei

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

darioarias
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dawei,

I'm really sorry for how you feel towards the support that I've  provided you. I spent a lot of time trying to reproduce the error and looking for the best way to solve it.

I understand that the answer I gave to you might no be the one you were expecting and now that I looked back I realized something I missed the first time

What is the value for you shunt resistor? In the picture you sent me I see you connected one between ISENSEH and ISENSEL. Just as is shown in this diagram:

pastedImage_1.png

I'm asking you because there is one register you need to configure in order to make proper current calculations. In the Datasheet for MM9Z1_638 in Table 199: Temperature filtering period (COMP_TF) - register field descriptions, you will find a register named IRSEL, this the register you need to configure according the value of you shunt resistor, because the current calculations are made by measuring the voltage drop VDROP over the external shunt resistor (connected to ISENSEH and ISENSEL) and the value of IRSEL.

pastedImage_3.png

Thanks for your feedback, and if there is anything where you think I should improve, just tell me and I'll be glad of working on it.

Best Regards,

Dario

0 Kudos

darioarias
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dawei,

The connection you used in order to measure current seems to be correct, however  I do see that you included in your FreeMaster project the variables cValues, tValues and Vvalues. Those variables is the data for the initialization. I will suggest to declare variables TSensor[tListEntries], VSensor[vListEntries], CSensor[cListEntries], as global variables and use those variables instead, because the sensor values are stored there. Also, don't forget that you need to explicitly tell FreeMaster which is the type and range of the variable you are going to be monitoring, so it can show a proper representation of the variable.

Regards,

Dario

0 Kudos

dws
Contributor III

Hi Dario Arias,

I  do not think so , I cannot understand the method of measurement of current on your board, Now my board is not work. 

I think the NXP support is not enough and your introduce for how to use this board is worse.

So disappointed with your support attitude,  not only for you.

0 Kudos

darioarias
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dawei,

It is type definition, and the syntax for the the type definition is the reserve word typedef *known data type* *new data type* . So, there is going to be a data type named TYPE_BMS_MODE, a variable this type only would be able to accept as values, the numbers 1 through 5. And that's precisely what the blue words mean, the numbers from 1 to 5, so if you press F3 to open the definition it's not going to open anything because the definition is right there.

This is useful because each word represents an state, and see the word on the code is more representative, that seeing a fixed value that you don't know where it's coming from.

Hope I answered your question, and I I'm working myself in using freemaster and the evaluation board. One question: Which is the demo software you are using? Because the one that I found did not include the type definition you asked about.

Regards,

Dario

0 Kudos

dws
Contributor III

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

dws
Contributor III

Dear Dario Arias,

thank you your response ,I am using KT9Z1638 board and SCI demo.

now I have already connected the freemaster with the board ,but I can't read the cuurrent voltage and temperature correctly,The connection as follows

the red connector connects battery +; the black one connects battery -;

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

0 Kudos

darioarias
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dawei,

If you wish, you can share the code here to see if we can be of any help.

Have a nice day!

Dario

0 Kudos

dws
Contributor III

Hi Dario,

Precondition, I use the KT9Z1638 board and code warrior 10.6

I want to add Freemaster to the Demo project of SCI 

I just wandered  why I can not add the Freemaster. this is my problem with nothing of the code .

pastedImage_1.png

Expect your Response!

Thanks!

Dawei

0 Kudos

dws
Contributor III

Hi Dario,

I also have another question about this code 

pastedImage_2.png

could you tell me what the blue words meaning ,I could not find their definition when pressed "F3"

thanks 

Dawei 

0 Kudos

darioarias
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dawei,

Yes, it is possible to scope through FreeMaster with our demo software, but it is different than  using the serial port, because OSBDM has some limitations. Everything is deeply explained in this tutorial

Tutorial: FreeMASTER Visualization and Run-Time Debugging

It was done by Erich Styger, an expert in Freescale’s MCUs. You can take a look on the topic added by Chris Escalante, where they talk about OSBDM and the KIT9Z1J638EVM

Hope this helpful and let me know if there something else I can do. By the way, you asked about a dead loop when entering the interrupt D2DINTCH3, were you able to solve that?

Dario

0 Kudos

dws
Contributor III

Hi Dario,

Thank you your response, I have not solve the dead loop problem with LIN bus, I will share with you if I solve the problem.

Best wishes!

Dawei

0 Kudos