How offten I should redetermine the 10-parameter for correction of Hard and Soft-Iron effect?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How offten I should redetermine the 10-parameter for correction of Hard and Soft-Iron effect?

Jump to solution
suqianjin
Contributor I

I plan to develop a device that will have a MAG3110 magnetometer installed to measure device's direction. I understand that readings of the magnetometer must be corrected to eliminate Hard and Soft-Iron effect by using 10 parameters, which was determined after a device was completed, using freescale's method to get precise results. My question is should the 10 parameters be re-determined every time of using the device or just need to determine it only once, then store it in the device's memory, and reuse it forever? Thank you very much for your help. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Generally we recommend that you run magnetic calibration continuously as a background task.  This effectively nulls out variations due to changes in temperature over time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Generally we recommend that you run magnetic calibration continuously as a background task.  This effectively nulls out variations due to changes in temperature over time.

0 Kudos