Hi - Does the MPH6250A6T1 pressure sensor come with any options to protect (seal) the port opening during the assembly process (i.e. aqueous wash, etc.)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi - Does the MPH6250A6T1 pressure sensor come with any options to protect (seal) the port opening during the assembly process (i.e. aqueous wash, etc.)?

rickdesantis
Contributor I

0 Kudos
4 Replies

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Rick,

No, it does not.

But yes, it is strongly recommended the port opening to be protected e.g. by adhesive Kapton tape or other means prior to the cleaning process to prevent contamination and foreign materials from being introduced into device as result of cleaning processes.  

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos

rickdesantis
Contributor I

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for the reply.  Do you know if there are any plans in the future to provide the purchased part with a removable seal?  The reason I am asking is because it is a small SMD device and there is risk and labor at the piece part level of unpackaging, handling, applying a seal and repackaging prior to loading on the placement machine for assembly.

Thanks,

Rick. 

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Rick,

I am asking our product group to comment on this. I will update this thread as soon as I have their feedback.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Rick,

The feedback from our product group is that there are no plans to provide something to cover the port up, unfortunately.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos