Hello, do you know if your FXOS8700CQ accelerometer decreases its data resolution when using the FIFO mode?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, do you know if your FXOS8700CQ accelerometer decreases its data resolution when using the FIFO mode?

alexdimitrakopo
Contributor I

I noticed that in other types of accelerometers this is an issue, i want to have as much precision as possible so if you have another product that you can suggest my i would be grateful.

Thank you 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

alexdimitrakopo
Contributor I

HI Tomas,

this issue that i have found concerns another's company product, that is why i want to buy the FXO, if you want the details of the product i can send it to you. The exact words are " When FIFO is used - there is 10 bit data resolution in normal mode; 8 bit data resolution in low power mode (compared to 12 bit data resolution when FIFO is not
used)". The data resolution of the ADC is 16 bit in normal mode. I might be wrong but that is what i understand.

Thank you for your response

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alex,

I cannot comment on products from other companies, but there is no limitation on resolution regardless of the selected FIFO mode. This applies to the FXOS8700CQ (accelerometer + magnetomer) as well as both the MMA8451Q and FXLS8471Q (accelerometers only).

Best regards,

Tomas 

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alex,

I have never heard about such an issue. You should be able to access either the 14-bit data or the 8-bit data. 

Could you please elaborate a bit more on your findings? What FIFO mode are you using and what is your test settings?

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos