cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FXOS8700 sampling at 800Hz magnetic only or acceleration only modes

dbarness
Contributor I

I hope someone here can help me...

I have the evaluation board FRDM-K64F-AGM01 using "freedom sensor toolbox" software, I am trying to to sample the FXOS8700QC at 800Hz.  The UI seems to be in hybrid mode which allows sampling both the acceleration and magnetic at 400Hz, I have tried changing the in M_CTRL_REG1 the M_HMS and it didn't work.
does anyone know how I can sample the single sensor mode at the max frequency of 800Hz.?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Daniel,

I am now back in the office and able to test it out. I achieved the max frequency of 800Hz (real frequency about 811Hz based on the time data in the Excel file) when m_hms[1:0] = 0b00 (accelerometer mode only) and dr[2:0] = 0b000 (800Hz).

pastedImage_21.png

pastedImage_318.png

Unfortunately the GUI shows the ODR in Hybrid mode only (as explained in the description above), but the actual ODR is 800Hz.

pastedImage_319.png

Best regards,

Tomas

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct" or “Helpful”. Thank you.

0 Kudos

dbarness
Contributor I

Thanks Tomas, 
I'm still having problems to sample only one sensor (magnetic or acceleration) of the FXOS8700,

- When setting m_hms[1:0] = 0b01 and dr[2:0] = 0b000 ,magnetic only mode , there is no, or an empty, csv file generated. 

When setting to acceleration only, I can get to work only sometime don't know why, I tried setting the registers when the system is in standby and active, it doesn't look to make a difference,  in the case where I did get data at ~800Hz the data saved to the csv file has large gaps in the data.

pastedImage_140.png

Do you know what is going on here? 

Thank you in advance,

Daniel

0 Kudos