cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FXOS8700 interrupt data-ready in hybrid mode

Jump to solution
carlosalexandre
Contributor II

I'm use the FXOS8700 in hybrid mode and needed that a interrupt is generated  when new data from the accelerometer and magnetometer are available.

In datasheet the register INT_SOURCE show that interrupt is generated, in hybrid mode, when a new acceleration and/or magnetic data is avaliable.

The point "and/or" leaves doubt. In case of "or", which generated the interruption? In other words, which the data are ready, magnetometer and accelerometer?

Is there one way interrupt is generated only when both are avaliable? I did not want to read the FXOS8700 to know which is avaliable.

Thank you so much.

Alexandre

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Alexandre,

In hybrid mode (M_CTRL_REG1[m_hms] = 0b11), it is actually M-cell data ready interrupt, since M-cell data is processed last when part is in hybrid mode, so it basically indicates both accelerometer and magnetometer data are ready.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Tomas

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct" or “Helpful”. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
carlosalexandre
Contributor II

Hello Tomas Vaverka

Thanks so much for the answer.

I performed some tests and the interrupt only happens after the conversion of the magnetometer is completed.

Regards

Alexandre

0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Alexandre,

In hybrid mode (M_CTRL_REG1[m_hms] = 0b11), it is actually M-cell data ready interrupt, since M-cell data is processed last when part is in hybrid mode, so it basically indicates both accelerometer and magnetometer data are ready.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Tomas

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct" or “Helpful”. Thank you.

0 Kudos