Difference between FXPS7250A4 and FXPS7250A4S

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between FXPS7250A4 and FXPS7250A4S

EricB123
Contributor I

I am looking for a replacement part for MPX4250AP. Suggestion is FXPS7250A4 - but that part is end of life (June 2024 last delivery date). Suggested replacement for that is FXPS7250A4S. 

Comparing the data sheets, it is not evident to me what the difference between the two are. 

Looking to determine what the "S" designation is at the end of part number FXPS7250A4S indicates? Also, what is the estimated date of development completion on this part and will it be available when the original becomes obsolete?

Thank you

3 Replies

ErikaC
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us, the product family is migrating the fab site from OHT to STM for the PCELL pressure transducer technology.
Current part numbers with OHT MEMS silicon are discontinued and new part numbers with updated ST MEMS silicon include an “S” to differentiate. The design, function, and specifications remain unchanged. R-Gate date for FXPS7250A4S is Oct, 2023.

Hope this helps

Regards

0 Kudos

EricB123
Contributor I

Awesome, this does help.

Another question, I noticed that this was recommended/suggested as a replacement for MPX4250AP, although the package/pinout is severely different. 

Are there any other comparable replacements for MPX4250?

Thank you!

ErikaC
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You can check all the FXPS7xx0A4 family unfortunately none of them are drop-replacements of MPX4250.

Regards.

0 Kudos