Connectors for pressure sensors CASE 867C-05 or CASE 867B-04 (MPX5010DP, GP)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectors for pressure sensors CASE 867C-05 or CASE 867B-04 (MPX5010DP, GP)

bfa001
Contributor I

Is there a possible connector for these through-hole 6-pin devices?

We are searching the possibility to mount the MPX5010GP, DP with a connector for allowing assembly after the casing is assembled - else we need to have a large window in order to pass the whole pressure sensor.

That would be a single-in-line connector for rectangular pins 0.41mm x 0.84mm, pitch 2.54mm.

Is there a connector suitable for these sensors?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

bfa001
Contributor I

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately, we are not talking about the same thing.

I am talking about the physical 6-pin connector, not any hose or clamp.

As a result, the question was not yet answered.

Kind regards,

Francois Arnaud

0 Kudos

diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello bfa001,

I hope all is great with you. Thank you for using the NXP communities.

I would like to share some recommendations:

HOSE APPLICATIONS:

Many types of hoses with differing media compatibilities, material compositions, wall thicknesses, working temperatures, working pressures and hose flexibility are available on the market. A flexible or less flexible hose such as FEP can be used with the pressure sensor. Please contact the hose manufacturer regarding the suitability of a particular hose for an application. Clamps are recommended with specific tubing. It is up to the user to determine if the application warrants their usage. Many types of hose/tubing are available, including Silicone, Tygon, Urethane, Nylon, FEP, and Vinyl.

Silicone tubing is flexible and suitable for general purpose use. Silicone tubing offers better temperature and chemical resistance than vinyl in most environments. Silicone tubing is recommended at pressures less than 15 psi.

Urethane tubing can be used at higher temperatures and pressures but it is more expensive than vinyl, silicone or Tygon. Urethane tubing is flexible and strong. Specifications for Urethane "Superthane" tubing, available e.g. from Newage Industries.

FEP (Fluoropolymer) is a semi-flexible tubing that offers excellent temperature, pressure and chemical resistance. However, this tubing is "semi-flexible," and much more rigid than Tygon, or vinyl.

HOSE CLAMPS:

Hose clamps are recommended for use with all of the hoses mentioned above. In addition to helping prevent leakage and loosening, hose clamps provide a stronger connection to the sensor port. Clamps that are recommended are the crimp–on clamp and the screw–on (for more details check the Application note AN1513).

The following application notes might be useful for you.

AN1513 - Mounting techniques

AN3728, Media Compatibility for IPS PRT Pressure Sensors

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos