Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are FXTH87 and FXTH87E codes(.s19 file) compatible

Jump to solution
jack_wang
Contributor I

Hello.

Are FXTH87 and FXTH87E codes(.s19 file) compatible?

If I can't use FXTH87 code(.s19 file) directly on FXTH87E, where do I need to change it?

Jack Wang

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jack,

The firmware of FXTH87 can directly be used in FXTH87E. There is only one modification to perform in case there are pressure or acceleration threshold values in the application code. In the FXTH87E, the pressure and acceleration transfer functions have been modified compared to the FXTH87. This means that the same number of pressure or acceleration counts, for both raw and compensated measurement, do not represent the same pressure and acceleration value. This implies that in the application code, threshold values for pressure and acceleration must be re-calculated. The conversion formula from counts to g or kPa is given in the datasheet.

The attached slides illustrate the change of transfer function.

Updating the pressure and acceleration threshold values is the only modification to perform to adapt to the FXTH87E. Everything else remains the same as the FXTH87.

Best regards,

Tomas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jack,

The firmware of FXTH87 can directly be used in FXTH87E. There is only one modification to perform in case there are pressure or acceleration threshold values in the application code. In the FXTH87E, the pressure and acceleration transfer functions have been modified compared to the FXTH87. This means that the same number of pressure or acceleration counts, for both raw and compensated measurement, do not represent the same pressure and acceleration value. This implies that in the application code, threshold values for pressure and acceleration must be re-calculated. The conversion formula from counts to g or kPa is given in the datasheet.

The attached slides illustrate the change of transfer function.

Updating the pressure and acceleration threshold values is the only modification to perform to adapt to the FXTH87E. Everything else remains the same as the FXTH87.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos
jack_wang
Contributor I

Hello Tomas

Thank you very much!

Jack Wang

0 Kudos