Any pressure sensor with sunlight immunity?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any pressure sensor with sunlight immunity?

Jump to solution
nguerrero
Contributor I

Hello

I am searching a pressure sensor of NXP with a minimum read of 30 kPa (or less) with sunlight immunity, but I do not find any.

As you know most of pressure sensor as the problem that they are sensitive to sunlight.

Greetings and thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nicolas,

we have large portfolio of pressure sensors. Please see this link. Do you need a barometric pressure sensor or Differential/Gauge type? 

Unfortunately non of our pressure sensor was tested for the sunlight immunity and we cannot guarantee long term reliable operation if the pressure sensor is permanently exposed to the direct sunlight. 

With Best Regards,

Jozef

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nicolas,

we have large portfolio of pressure sensors. Please see this link. Do you need a barometric pressure sensor or Differential/Gauge type? 

Unfortunately non of our pressure sensor was tested for the sunlight immunity and we cannot guarantee long term reliable operation if the pressure sensor is permanently exposed to the direct sunlight. 

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos
nguerrero
Contributor I

I need absolute barometric sensor. I was thinking in use FXPS7115DS4T1, because the datasheet does not warn anything about sunlight. Other datasheet warns about sunlight saying "The sensor die is sensitive to light exposure. Direct light exposure through the port holecan lead to varied accuracy of pressure measurement. Avoid such exposure to the portduring normal operation." - FXPQ3115BV

But the FXPS7115DS4T1 does not say nothing about this.

0 Kudos
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nicolas,

thank you for more details. I need to contact an application engineer for an advice. They always require following case details. Especially the Annual Volume. Could you please provide?

Customer: FUNDACIóN ANDALUZA PARA EL DES. AEROESPACIAL
End Customer: ?

End Application: ?
Annual Volume: ?

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos