8452 acceleration sensor can not be disabled Z axis data detection

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8452 acceleration sensor can not be disabled Z axis data detection

niunc
Contributor I

Has anyone used the MM8452Q three-axis acceleration sensor? According to the official reference procedure, I wrote
IIC_RegWrite (0x15, 0xD8)(0x15 indicates the register address, 0xD8 represents the data written), This means that the motion
detection function is turned on, the X and Y axes are enabled, but the Z axis is disabled. In order to verify whether I wrote
success, I read the register IIC_RegRead (0x2A); the register value shown is 0xD8, which looks correct. But I still can
detect the Z-axis data. I hope you can help me, grateful.

I attached my 51 microcontroller code

Original Attachment has been moved to: MMA852_51.rar

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Niu,

By “I still can detect the Z-axis data” you mean that the INT1 pin is triggered due to the accelearion on the Z-axis exceeding ±3g (ZHE flag set)? Note that the ZEFE bit only enables/disables the motion detection function for the Z-axis, but you can still read the Z-axis data from OUT_Z_MSB and OUT_Z_LSB registers.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos

niunc
Contributor I

I am glad to receive your reply, I think I have some misunderstanding of the previous 8452, but according to your reply I have solved this problem. I am now doing a low-power project and I want to know that the current consumption under the different oversampling modes given in the reference manual is when the sensor is static or when the sensor is moving, and I find that in transient mode, Static current and movement current is not the same, the current in the movement is bigger than static. Since I am using the development version, so I can not directly test the current 8452.

-Original-

0 Kudos