cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3-axis, 12 bit accelerometer MMA8452Q Alternative

Jump to solution
AJ
Contributor I

Hi, We have two key products that utilise the MMA8452Q but global stocks are depleted and it looks like it's going obsolete.  Does anyone know if the MMA8652FC is the same internally?  I appreciate that the device package is different but the control register addresses etc. all look to be the same and the 8652 version can be programmed via A0 to have the same device address.  Will my existing firmware library work? 

Any help much appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Yes, the MMA8652fullfil that need, however, this part number will also be out of the market soon, so I cannot recommend it.

Unfortunately, the only device that we can recommend for the moment is the FXLS896x family since all the other accelerometers from the current NXP portfolio will be EOL soon.

Regards,

Jose

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

MMA8452QR1 and other accelerometer families will turn into NRND soon since last order would be 12/1/2021 and last shipment would be 12/1/2023.

For the moment, we were asked by the marketing team to recommend the FXLS8962 for new applications.

FXLS8962 website: https://www.nxp.com/products/sensors/motion-sensors/3-axis/2g-4g-8g-16g-low-power-12-bit-digital-acc...

Regards,

Jose

0 Kudos
AJ
Contributor I

Hi Jose and thanks for the reply.

The recommended part FXLS8962, looks great for new designs but my preference would be to get an alternative that would run with the same firmware if at all possible.  Would the MMA8652 fulfil that need and if so is that part likely to go out of production any time soon?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
feldon30
Contributor I

FXLS8962 and FXLS8965 won't be available from suppliers for 26 Weeks with no indication as to how long they'll be around. I'm switching to ST for accelerometers.

0 Kudos
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Yes, the MMA8652fullfil that need, however, this part number will also be out of the market soon, so I cannot recommend it.

Unfortunately, the only device that we can recommend for the moment is the FXLS896x family since all the other accelerometers from the current NXP portfolio will be EOL soon.

Regards,

Jose

0 Kudos
AJ
Contributor I

Hi Jose,

Thanks for confirming and understood.

Andy

0 Kudos