FXOS8700 Breakout Board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FXOS8700 Breakout Board

FXOS8700 Breakout Board

Freescale’s FXOS8700CQ 6-axis sensor combines industry leading accelerometer and magnetometer sensors in a small 3 x 3 x 1.2 mm QFN plastic package. The 14-bit accelerometer and 16-bit magnetometer are combined with a high-performance ASIC to enable an eCompass solution capable of a typical orientation resolution of 0.1 degrees and sub 5 degree compass heading accuracy for most applications.

Applications include eCompass, enhanced user interface, augmented reality, and location based services (static geographic heading). Target products include smartphones, tablets, personal navigation devices, remote controls for smart TV’s, watches, gaming controllers, robotics, and unmanned air vehicles (UAVs).

Here is a Render of the FXOS8700 Breakout- Board downloaded from OSH Park:

FXOS8700_Render_TOP_BOT.png

And here is an image of the Layout Design for this board:

FXOS8700_GTL.png

FXOS8700_GBL.png

In the Attachments section, you can find the Schematic Source File (.SCH), Schematic PDF File, Layout Source File (BRD), Gerber Files (GTL, GBL, GTS, GBS, GTO, GBO, GKO, XLN) and BOM for this Breakout-board.

If you are interested in more designs like this breakout board for other sensors, please go to Freescale Sensors Breakout Boards Designs – HOME

Attachments
Comments

Approved,

Reyes

It is great to have a simple breakout board to do some prototyping.  I am focused on the i2c implementation so have created an i2c version with and without a range extender.

Here is the version with the extender: OSH Park ~ FXOS8700 with Extender

Here is the version without the extender: OSH Park ~ FXOS8700 without Extender

Here is a link to GitHub where I have the EAGLE Files for these boards: chipmc/FXOS8700-i2c-Breakout-CAD-Files · GitHub

Thanks,  Chip

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎02-16-2015 03:14 PM
Updated by: