Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE05 and ICODE DNA verify original signature

Jump to solution
Liad
Contributor II

Hi community,

I develop a medical device that reads RFID tags that use ICODE DNA technology.

As part of accessing the tag, there must be a process of tag signature verification (AN11600).

Also, I use for my crypto operations the NXP EdgeLcok SE05 device.

The problem is the tag signature verification example that mentioned in AN11600 heavily uses the OpenSSL lib which I can't use in my limited MCU.

My question is, can I perform the same Signature Verification that mentions in AN11600 or similar via the EdgeLock?  

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Liad ,

Actually the ECC curve used for ICODE DNA original signature is not supported by SE05x, so I am afraid you can not use SE05x for that purpose.

Please kindly refer to "Table 1. Supported EC curves" on page 7 of https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12413.pdf for more details.

Hope that makes sense,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Liad ,

Actually the ECC curve used for ICODE DNA original signature is not supported by SE05x, so I am afraid you can not use SE05x for that purpose.

Please kindly refer to "Table 1. Supported EC curves" on page 7 of https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12413.pdf for more details.

Hope that makes sense,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos