Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin difference Edgelock SE050 vs SE051

Jump to solution
magr0433
Contributor I

Hello all,

I am considering updating from SE050 to SE051 in a product I am designing. I have found a difference in how some of the unused pins should be connected in the datasheets. The pin that is affecting me is pin 14. Here is the difference:

ChipSymbolPinDescription
SE050ISO 7816 RST_N14ISO 7816 reset input low active
SE051ISO 7816 RST_N14ISO 7816 reset input low active, if not used then connect to Vcc or Vss

My question is if it is OK to leave pin 14 floating on SE051, because that is how we designed the PCB for SE050. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Anonymous
Deactivated User

hai magr0433,
  In both SE050 (Page 13)and SE051 (Page 18)data sheet is mentioned "ISO 7816 reset input low active, if not used then connect to Vcc or Vss" statement. If it work with SE050 means leave as its because Both IC have same RESET operation.

Thanks,

Kalaimani Arumugam 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Deactivated User

hai magr0433,
  In both SE050 (Page 13)and SE051 (Page 18)data sheet is mentioned "ISO 7816 reset input low active, if not used then connect to Vcc or Vss" statement. If it work with SE050 means leave as its because Both IC have same RESET operation.

Thanks,

Kalaimani Arumugam 

magr0433
Contributor I

Hello Kalaimani and thank you for your answer.

Maybe I have an old revision of the datasheet: Rev. 1.3 — 7 June 2019

I think I will try to keep it as it is because it has worked so far.

Best regards,

Markus G

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @magr0433 ,

For RST pin unused case, it would be the best to pulldown to GND to mark pin inactive.

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos