Is there any possiblity of unathorized access to the binary files secured with UserID on se050?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any possiblity of unathorized access to the binary files secured with UserID on se050?

Jump to solution
Raza
Contributor II

Hello @Kan_Li 

I have a question regarding the security of the binary files stored on se050 smart card.

I have the following scenario:

1. On the smart card, I created some binary files, each binary file contains some secret information. And I have put a read and write policy on each file using a userID(PIN), so that no unauthorized person can read or write the file.

Now, my question is:

If some unauthorized person gets the access to the smart card, will they be able to read, write or delete the binary files secured with userID (PIN)?

Although I have tried on my end, and I am not able to access those binary files without the knowledge of PIN, but I need a confirmation from some expert from NXP, before I implement these functionalities in my project.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you

Raza

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Raza ,

Yes, they will be able to do that if they have the UserID. without knowing this UserID, they won't.

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Raza ,

Yes, they will be able to do that if they have the UserID. without knowing this UserID, they won't.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.