cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A71CH: Supported Commands mismatch with Doxygen documentation

quentincabrol
Contributor III

Dear NXP Team,

I am reaching you regarding the A71CH functions and more specifically the documentation of the Config tool.

After playing a bit with the base functions, it seems that the option "-c 20" supposed to return the public key of a pair (with get pub) or the reference to a public key (using refpem) is not supported. This does not match with the provided Doxygen documentation.

What would be the correct option value then to retrieve only a public key or reference a public key of a given pair with refpem ?

I have attached below some screenshots of the command calls result with "-c 10" (works) & "-c 20" (fails) options.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Doxygen excerpt:

pastedImage_3.png

get pub calls:

pastedImage_1.png

refpem calls:

pastedImage_2.png

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Looks like your test is based on Linux, so did you use OM3710A71CHARD and i.MX6UltraLite as the platform? Please kindly clarify.

Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

quentincabrol
Contributor III

Hello Kan,

Thank you for your answer.

For test purposes, the Rapsberry Pi 3  with Raspbian was used as a platform with pigpio (bit banged I2C) not to have to setup an i.Mx7 Yocto with the SW package yet.

The OM3710A71CHARD was used hooked to the configured I2C pins.

The default demo examples (A71CH_i2c_native, A71CHlight_i2c_native, a71chConfig_i2c_native) are functional as well as the calls to the config tool with some exceptions like this one (-c parameter possible values do not match the Doxygen documentation with "get pub" & "refpem" commands).

=====================

I actually ran into other issues meanwhile with the software package trying to det up the OpenSSL engine:

(Let me know if I shall instead open another ticket for this):

>> unable to compile the A71CH_LINKED_ENGINE as indicated on the Doxygen documentation (recipe fails)

>> recipe fails regardless of the specified build platform with sm_types.h ax_api.h apparently not linked properly in the Makefile under the /linux subfolder.

pastedImage_1.png

Using the library built with the A71CH_ENGINE parameter instead and linking the openssl .cnf file under /etc/ssl/, the a71CH generated libraty under /usr/lib and setting up export OPENSSL_CONF= /etc/ssl/<a71ch_openssl.cnf> does not appear to work.

When running the ./a71chRandDemo.sh Openssl runs as if no a71ch (no connect attempt) was present and no activity is measured with the logic analyzer on the I2C bus (example from hostLib/embSeEngine/a71chDemo/scripts/):

pastedImage_4.png

(Followed axHostSw/doc/a71chDoxy/html/page_imx6ul_setup_openssl_engine.html guidelines)

I guess this has to do with the openssl v1.1.0j being installed while the libdev v1.0+ was used for compilation (the Host SW package does not support openssl V1.1+). I will try to see if a downgrade is feasible.

Thank you for your time and support.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Would you please specify the hostSWpackage version? I may try to reproduce your issue here.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

quentincabrol
Contributor III

Hello Kan,

Thank you for your reply.

For the SW package used the:

A71CH Host Software Package (Bash Installer for e.g. Linux or Cygwin)(REV 01.06.00)

(2019/03/18 Release).

Looking forward to your feedback and wishing you a good day.

Best Regards

Quetnin

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Quetnin,

Thanks for the information! but this package targets the IMX6UL-EVK board, not Rapsberry Pi 3, so I think it would be a porting issue, would you please try it on a IMX6UL-EVK board? If the problem is still there, I may report to the expert for analyze.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos

quentincabrol
Contributor III

Hi Kan,

Thanks for your feedback.

1) The OpenSSL engine not being supported shall indeed be a porting issue (openssl version mismatch under Pi3 and A71CH i2c bus remaining inactive when calling the functions). And I will definitely test that under the i.Mx once I get the occasion to hopefully solve the issue.

2) For the basic functions from the Config tool though it seems unlikely that all the tool's functions are being supported and that the "-c 20" parameter would be a porting issue.

Note that it is mentioned under the SW package:

"The i.MX A71CH Host Software package targets the IMX6UL-EVK board. Part of the software is compatible with gcc on Linux or Cygwin."

So without further precision on what is supported or not, I assumed the features presented as examples to be available for build for the native platform to be the ones being supported under native linux. And these seem to cover the Config Tool.

pastedImage_3.png

Thank you for your time and patience

Best Regards

____

Quentin

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Quentin,

Sorry for the late reply! I just got a I.MX6UL EVK to verify your issue about "-c 20". Actually I met similar issue at first when I run get pub or refpem directly, but I finally found that is due to the pub key is not initialized in A71CH. Please try the following command in interactive mode and check if it works on your side.

>>> info pub Public Keys:         idx=0x00 n.a.         idx=0x01 n.a. >>> set pub -x 0 -h 043802B1164C30860AC913F5F997B84158C40CFFCC1D3A4359BC22574A4FC95E628933A9E95820AD6B96A1DA106BDD5D6A8E556A78AE959C59336FE53E3A1D9ED4>>> info pub Public Keys:         idx=0x00 ECC_PUB (LEN=65): 04:38:02:B1:16:4C:30:86:0A:C9:13:F5:F9:97:B8:41:58:C4:0C:FF:CC:1D:3A:43:59:BC:22:57:4A:4F:C9:5E: 62:89:33:A9:E9:58:20:AD:6B:96:A1:DA:10:6B:DD:5D:6A:8E:55:6A:78:AE:95:9C:59:33:6F:E5:3E:3A:1D:9E: D4         idx=0x01 n.a.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day, Kan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: - If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos