Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCST ARM Keil MDK

simoneblink
Contributor II

s32k144 scstkeil-mdk

Hello,

I'd like to import the Structural Core Self Test library in the ARM Keil MDK IDE, but I can't find a way to do that.

The ARM customer service said to me that this library is not visible inside the Keil Manage Run-Time Environment because it is not included in the .pdsc file (part of DFP which is supplied by NXP).

Trying to manually import the library, I get errors from the ARM compiler (v6).

From my understanding, this library is very important to reach SIL 2 certification, so it seems strange to be unable to import it inside a mainstream IDE.

Thank in advance for your help.

Kind Regards,

Simone

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

simoneblink
Contributor II

@sweyh  neither NXP nor ARM seems to care about this problem

0 Kudos

sweyh
Contributor I

Hello,

Is there new information regarding SCST compatibility with MDK-ARM? According to the documentation (demo version, downloaded some months ago) the library is not tested with MDK-ARM. We use MDK-ARM Professional toolchain because of the good support for safety applications (e.g. TÜV certified compiler, available FuSa RTS, ...) and our long experience with these tools.

We are currently working on the development of an ECU with the S32K148 for an ASIL-B project and would probably also like to use the SCST. But of course this only makes sense if this library can be used with our toolchain.

Best regards
Stephan

aarul
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

Unfortunately, SCST is only supported by compilers (IAR, GHS, GCC, Wind river).

Regards

-Aarul

0 Kudos

Matthias_LEHMANN
Contributor III

Hello Aarul,

what's the reason for not supporting the ARM compiler or the other way round: what exactly is the problem and are there any workarounds or tests we could do ourselves? Are there any plans to extend the support to the ARM compiler?

Isn't the SCST available as source such that it should be possible to compile it with any compiler?

If the ARM compiler ist not an option - is the compiler built into the S32DS certified to produce ASIL-B code? If not - are there any paths to get there?

Best regards

\\// Matthias