S32K322 in ASIL A application

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K322 in ASIL A application

mvdv
Contributor I

We are using the Sk32K322 in ASIL A application. The safety manual does not distinguish between ASIL D and lower, except from the assumptions 8274 and 60642.

Are all other assumptions in the safety manual applicable to ASIL A?

From the FS26 part list, the FS2600B PMIC seems suitable for the SM3 off-chip hardware requirements.

Although it is not clear if SM3.RESET_MON and SM3.FCCU_MON is covered by the FS2600B for ASIL A.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

ankur_yadav_07
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

For Part 1st :
We are providing assumptions for ASIL-D. Please review all the assumptions and Let us know which assumptions you are not able to implement, We will review your required assumptions and let you know the impact of those AoU on matrices. Then you can take informed decisions.

Regards
Ankur Yadav

0 Kudos

mvdv
Contributor I

he S32K322 is used to fulfill an ASIL A function. We want to use this microcontroller without the PMIC. The following assumptions are not met:

SM3.PWR_MON requires the voltage rails to be monitored for overvoltage and undervoltage. The V15 rail is supplied from the internal S32K322 regulator (and using the ballast transistor). This supply voltage is not present when the chip is in reset, so an undervoltage is detected and holds the CPU in reset.

Is it required to externally monitor the V15 rail when the internal supply of the S32K322 is used in an ASIL A application?

We do not have external reset counter in off-chip hardware [59458]. Reset cycling is detected by software [62182].
The safety manual S32K3xx Safety Manual, Rev. 2, 04/2022 mentions in section 5.3: 
Off-chip safety-related hardware must detect erroneous situtations [59458] unless the chip can identify those by itself. [62182]

Can the off-chip reset cycling detection be omitted for ASIL-A when using software detection for reset cycling detection?

0 Kudos

r40959
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

for the part II FS26 PMIC:

the device is ASILD compliant.

in the safety manual FS26, some of the safety features can be disabled for ASILB use case for instance.

FCCU and RESET functions are available at FS26 side.

thank you

best regards

Valerie

0 Kudos

mvdv
Contributor I

For FS2600B, the FCCU is marked as OPTIONAL in the datasheet.

Is this feature present in the FS2600B?

What does OPTIONAL mean for this feature? 

0 Kudos

r40959
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Optional means that the FCCU mon is available, and shall be asked by the system integrator thru the OTP configuration GUI for NXP to program.the product.

i hope it helps

0 Kudos