S32K312 FMEDA

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K312 FMEDA

jeongwoo
Contributor I

I have reviewed the FMEDA excel data for the S32K312 MCU, and there are a few things to check, so I would like to request it.

1) The data I have is only applied in accordance with IEC-TR-62380 regarding Permanent Failure Rate. I would like to request that NXP provide me with the Failure Rate calculated using SN29500.

2) Among the failure rates predicted by IEC-TR-62380, the percentage of permanent die and package seems strange, so I would like to know the calculation conditions for permanent failure.

(i.e. No of TR. 7.894E7, MOS, BiCMOS (low voltage) digital circuits, power 0.6W & Thermal resistance 35.3degC/W, package pin pitch 0.325, package width 10)

Of the Permanent Total 130.4158 FIT, 0.4158 FIT was assigned to Die in FMEDA excel, and 130 FIT was assigned to Package. There is a difference from the actual calculation result according to IEC-TR-62380, so it is necessary to check whether the die calculation was calculated as Ton + Toff = 1 rather than Ton = 1.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Yashwant_Singh
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

We can share the Medini file of the FMEDA with failure rate calculation based on SN29500. The failure rate catalog data requested by you will be visible within the shared Medini File. 

The failure rate calculation based on IEC-TR62380 was indeed done with Ton + Toff = 1 rather than Ton = 1.

However for SN based failure rate calculation we would require your mission profile input with ton=1 asthe ISO standard part 11 talks about two ways of using the SN norms for failure rate calculation. One considering only tau_on or the device being used continuously throughout the lifetime and the other involving a stress factor calculation to account for non-operational phase as well. We use the former approach for SN based failure rate calculations.

Yashwant_Singh_1-1713354031836.png

Thanks!

-Yashwant

0 Kudos

jeongwoo
Contributor I

Thank you for answer. I can't find the shared Medini File, what is it? 

0 Kudos

Yashwant_Singh
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

We use the medini tool to perform the FMEDA. We can share the Medini file(.mprx) with SN norms based failure rate calculation which you can directly work upon. The medini files are not a general customer deliverable as of now but we can share it on a need basis with SN based failure rate calculation using your mission profile.

If you dont wish to work on the medini file then we can simply share the excel report as well. Just let us know your mission profile for SN based calculation.

Thanks!

-Yashwant

0 Kudos

jeongwoo
Contributor I

Hello, I am sharing the mission profile.
Can I get the calculation data for S32K312 MCU to SN29500?

And I would like to receive FMEA, FMEA, FIT, and FMEDA data of the TJA1462BT device.

0 Kudos

Yashwant_Singh
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

First of all, apologies for the delay in getting back to you. 

We have generated the FMEDA with SN based failure rate calculation for the following mission profile shared by you in this thread:

Yashwant_Singh_0-1718543822934.png

While the FMEDA upload on Secure Files is underway can you please share the ID for which the access to the FMEDA is to be provided.

Thanks!

-Yashwant

0 Kudos

jeongwoo
Contributor I

Thank you for answer! 

I'm sharing my email address

hjw@dy.co.kr

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Yashwant_Singh
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

It seems you don't have an active account on NXP.com with this email ID. Can you please check and confirm once?

Thanks!

-Yashwant

0 Kudos