cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K146 overvoltage threshold which will damage MCU

yin_hua
Contributor II

Hi NXP,

I'm working with MCU S32K146,  I want to understand the MCU over voltage effect of S32K146. Please help to clarify the following questions:

1. From datasheet, if the Vdd supply voltage is between [5.5V, 5.8V], MCU can operate with no restrictions for 60s lifetime, does this mean within 60s lifetime, the safety mechanism of MCU can still work?

2. Above 5.8V but before MCU damage, MCU software can't operate properly which is the critical failure mode for my application. MCU damage is system safe state for my application. Therefore, could NPX provide the over-voltage threshold which will definitely damage the MCU within 300ms (FTTI of my application), then I can evaluate the dangerous over-voltage range for my application.

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks for your support.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

oscar_hinojosa
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Definitely. A continuous operation voltage for a VDD/VDDA/VREFH between 5.5V and 5.8V is not recommended. As mentioned in the DS the functionality/operation, and the lifetime is limited and reduced. See Table 2 -Note3 in the Datasheet
  2. NXP DOES NOT assure the MCU functionality if the customer exceeds the normal operating parameters, and does not follow our recommendations in our DS and HWDG.

We must recommend to the customer operates the MCU within the normal operation levels indicated in the DS. See Table 3 in the Datasheet

Best regards,

Oscar Hinojosa.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:- If this post answers your question, please click the Accept as Solution button.
Thank you!
Best regards,
Oscar Hinojosa.
-
0 Kudos