cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

watchdog driver initialize of SDK cost too much time

Jump to solution
DavidShu
Contributor II
when i do watchdog init, it cost about 7.5ms time more than expected.

"while (!WDOG_IsReconfigurationComplete(base))" which code is part of WDOG_Config() subroutine in wdog_hw_access.c when you call WDOG_DRV_Init() is the real fact which cost 7.5ms.
But, when i look at the watchdog driver in NXP MCAL, it has no while() loop in Wdg_Wdog_Init() subroutine.
So, my questions is:
1).is the waitting of "last configuration of the WDOG was successful" necessary when do watchdog configuration in SDK?  
2).is there any other good idea to kill the 7.5ms wait time?
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi shuwei,

1. Yes. It's necessary.

23.5.3 Configure Watchdog.png

2. The number of cycles it takes for the RCS flag to set should be:

RCS WDOG cycle count.png

If you want to reduce the wait time, please switch clock source and disable Watchdog prescaler(PRES=0).

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi shuwei,

1. Yes. It's necessary.

23.5.3 Configure Watchdog.png

2. The number of cycles it takes for the RCS flag to set should be:

RCS WDOG cycle count.png

If you want to reduce the wait time, please switch clock source and disable Watchdog prescaler(PRES=0).

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
DavidShu
Contributor II

Hi Robin,

Thx your suggestion,i choose to close WDG clock prescaler and increase timeout counter. Now the RCS waiting time really decrease to 1/256 of before.

But i still have doubt: the NXP MCAL driver of WDG did not have RCS wait time when WDG config done (Wdg_Wdog_Init() subroutine in Wdg_Wdog.c source file) , is there any problem ?

MCAL Build Version: S32K14x_MCAL_1_0_1_RTM_ASR_REL_4_3_REV_0001_20190621

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi shuwei,

Thank you for the report, I have consulted it with our AE team.
Confirmed by the AE team: MCAL version 4.0 fixed this issue, but MCAL version 4.3 still have this problem. It has been reported to the development team.
Sorry for the inconvenience we bring you!

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:

0 Kudos
DavidShu
Contributor II

Hi Robin,

Got it, thanks for your latest information!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos