Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s32k144evb communication with i.MXRT

Jump to solution
akhilranga
Contributor IV

Hello there,

I am designing a project for EV Cluster. Where i am planning to send the data from #S32K144EVB# to #i.MXRT1170# to display it on my Display #RK055HDMIPI4MAO#. My plan is to use S32k144EVB as a VCU. Will receive CAN details from BMS and Motor Controller to VCU and that will processed and send to i.MXRT1170 and it will push that into mentioned LCD Display. I just want to confirm if this is possible or not. And anykind of suggestions are welcom

Thank YOu

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JRoberto
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi @akhilranga,

Thank you for the information. Your problem is the version of the toolchain you are using.

Please check the version on the settings tab by following the steps below.

Open the project's properties

JRoberto_0-1660550996016.png

Then under C/C++ Build section you will see the settings path. Please check the version of the toolchain. It should be 9.2 or newer.

JRoberto_1-1660551193549.png

Best regards!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
25 Replies
JRoberto
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @akhilranga 

I hope you're doing well!
Apologies for the late response. My workload is getting heavy.
Could you please create another thread so myself or another collogue can take a look quicker please?

Happy Development!

0 Kudos
akhilranga
Contributor IV

@JRoberto 

sure will do that. Cheers.

0 Kudos
Aparna_reddy_
Contributor I

@akhilranga  can you share the code to intergate  RFID Module (MFRC522) with this S32k144

thanks 

aparna

0 Kudos
akhilranga
Contributor IV

hi @Aparna_reddy_ 

I am still figuring it out. I dont have the code for that. 

but i am trying to replicate the Arduino based code for MFRC522 with s32k.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JRoberto
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @akhilranga 

Yes, it is possible to use those settings to develop a Cluster Design.
Please note that there are 3 different qualifications for the MXRT1170 family (Commercial, Industrial and Automotive qualifications).

Best Regards and Happy Development!

0 Kudos
Aparna_reddy_
Contributor I

Hii i am aparna

Do you have any reference code to integrate RIFD MODULE (MFRC522) with S32k144

Thanks  Aparna Reddy

0 Kudos
JRoberto
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @akhilranga 

Is this the product we're talking about?
Standard performance MIFARE® and NTAG® frontend | NXP Semiconductors

If this is correct, According to the Datasheet, it says the following host interfaces are provided:
• Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI)
• Serial UART (similar to RS232 with voltage levels dependent on pin voltage supply)
• I2C-bus interface

Unfortunately, I don't have any example interfacing the s32k144 and the MFRC522 but, I'd try to take an example of any of these interfaces as my base for the software.

I hope this information helps.

0 Kudos
akhilranga
Contributor IV

HI @JRoberto 

Thanks for the reply. This last week i tried lot of things to intigrate my MFRC522 module with S32k144 with SPI interface which unfortunately didn't work the way i wanted to. So, can you help me understand the procedure from LPSPI S32k144 RTM example as the base and how to initgarte this module on top of it. I don't need it in detail. I just want the major work flow pointers. PLease help me if you can. 

Thanks, Appriciate your help so far 

0 Kudos
akhilranga
Contributor IV
Got it. Thank You
0 Kudos
akhilranga
Contributor IV

Hi @JRoberto 

Thanks for confirming my idea. And can you please suggest any such cases available for reference. So, that my development process will be easier. 

Thank You 

0 Kudos
JRoberto
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

No problem @akhilranga 

Unfortunately we don't have any cluster design we can share but, we have several drivers and code examples included on the MXRT1170's SDK and S32k144's RTD that can speed your development. Also you can check the Hardware Design documents we have. I'm sure you can take advantage of that material.

Best Regards!

0 Kudos
akhilranga
Contributor IV

Hi @JRoberto 

Thanks for the help. Even the examples will do. I can work with them. But can you please point out them for me.Where i can find  Hardware Design documents, code examples included on the MXRT1170's SDK and S32k144's RTD

Thank You

0 Kudos
JRoberto
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

@akhilranga I'm glad to help.

Every NXP product has its own web page where you can find the datasheets, reference manuals, design files and so on. In this case you're using the MXRT1170 and the S32k144. So you will need to install:
* MCU Expresso IDE (MCUXpresso IDE for NXP MCUs | Linux, Windows and iOS | NXP Semiconductors) to work with the MXRT1170
* S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform (S32 Design Studio | NXP Semiconductors) to work with the S32k144.

Once you have both of them installed. You can Download and install the SDK and the RTD from their respective extension package manager.

JRoberto_0-1658510488402.png

JRoberto_1-1658510622647.png

After that you will be able to create a new project from an existing example that comes with the installation.

Regarding the documents. They are listed on their web pages listed below.

MIMXRT1170-EVK | NXP Semiconductors

S32K144-Q100 General-Purpose Evaluation Board | NXP Semiconductors

I hope this helps, but if you have further questions, feel free to ask.

Best Regards.

akhilranga
Contributor IV

Hi @JRoberto 

Thanks for the informtaion. I will go through them and try and statr developing . Will reach you if i got any further questions .

Can i also come back to you if i am stuck with some coding issues. Just wanted to know.

Thanks for all the help

Cheers

0 Kudos
JRoberto
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

@akhilranga 

We'll be glad to help you in anything inside our scope!

Just raise a question in the community or create a ticket!

Best Regards and Happy Development!

0 Kudos
akhilranga
Contributor IV

Hi @JRoberto 

Thanks for your support.

How can i raise this ticket you mentioned .. can i do that in this community itself or is it someting different.

0 Kudos
akhilranga
Contributor IV

I managed to download the essential SDK for i.MXRT1170 but i couldn't able to get hold of the SDK for the S32k from S32 Design Studio. I already downloaded the IDE. So after that i couldn't able to find where i can add these extensions you mentioned above. Can you please guide me through that.

0 Kudos
JRoberto
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

No problem, actually there is another thread in the community that shows in details how to install the RTD package.

Kindly take a look at:

Solved: S32K1 RTD Extensions for S32DS - NXP Community

And if you have further questions don't hesitate to ask

0 Kudos
akhilranga
Contributor IV

Hi @JRoberto 

I have encountered two problems .

After i tried to update my S32DS from version from 1.3 to 2.2. I deleted the previous version and downloaded the new version. This is the pretext of the issue. And now i am having trouble with creating a project from example which i didn't have earlier.

  

And the second one is now i am able to add the updates and exensions from the pop folder at the beginnig of the IDE boot up process. But couldn't able to find the s32k144 RTD extension. attaching the both Screen Shots to aid you understand the situation. 

Screenshot (122).png

Screenshot (121).jpg

  

0 Kudos
JRoberto
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @akhilranga 

I notice 3 things.

1.- You downloaded the S32 Design Studio for Arm version. I'd suggest to download the one for S32 Platform because all the new S32 updates are coming to this last one. 
S32 Design Studio | NXP Semiconductors

2.- The name of the project should not contain symbols. The message shows that you are adding an space " ". Also, I'd highly suggest that the path to the working directory does not contain any special character neither.

3.- Regarding to the examples of the S32k144 RTD.- They come with RTD package for S32k1XX package

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/swlicensing/sso/downloadSoftware.sp?catid=SW32K1-RTD44-D

Best Regards!

0 Kudos