cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i want to get some parameters about S32K322+FS26

Jump to solution
Guofred
Contributor III

i don't have found some parameters about S32K3+FS26,the details as below.

1) supply voltage: 2.97~5.5 V(from the S32K3 datasheet)

issue1: requirement 2.7~3.6 V,    2.7<2.97, the S32K322 can be normal work or not if we set the                           supply voltage  is 2.7

2) what is the system clock precision on the S32K322.

issue: requirement:  ±1S/24H,it can be meet this requirement or not.

3) what is the quiescent current on the S32K322.

issue: requirement: Pin less than 500uA for low power consumption. it's ok to meet or not.

4) the hardware of the reset circuit, it needs to add the external chip to finish reset circuit  or not.

5) it can be normal work less than 200ms during the  power-on start up time. is it correct ?

SBC need to get watchdog signal, i remember finish doing normal feed dog <=256ms,the MCU can         be normal work.  if we requirement this time is less 200ms, the MCU meets this requirement or not.

Guofred_0-1639386077442.png

thanks.

Best regards.

Guofred

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Guofred,

See please my answers below.

issue1: requirement 2.7~3.6 V,    2.7<2.97, the S32K322 can be normal work or not if we set the                           supply voltage  is 2.7

[Lukas] S32K3 has low voltage detectors which will force the device to reset state if the voltage is not sufficient. There’s a note in the datasheet:

“Device functionality is guaranteed down to the LVR assert level, however electrical performance of 12-bit ADC, CMP with 8-bit DAC, IO electrical characteristics, and communication modules electrical characteristics will be degraded when voltage drops below 2.97 V.”

So, if the voltage falls down, first the S32K3 will assert reset (typical value is 2.85V as shown in the DS) and then, little bit later, FS26 will react in addition. So, I can see no problem here.

[Lukas] If you want to achieve high accuracy, it’s necessary to use external oscillator, not FIRC/SIRC. So, the accuracy is then given by your external oscillator, not by the MCU.

issue: requirement: Pin less than 500uA for low power consumption. it's ok to meet or not.

[Lukas] Some data are already available in the datasheet, Table14:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=S32K3xxDS

The characterization is still ongoing, more details will be available in next revision of the datasheet. Probably in Q1/2022.

4) the hardware of the reset circuit, it needs to add the external chip to finish reset circuit  or not.

[Lukas] External pull up resistor is sufficient. More details can be found in Hardware Design Guidelines in “an679302 - S32K3 - Hardware Design Package_Rev_A (0.2)” which can be found on the DocStore (docstore.nxp.com).

5) it can be normal work less than 200ms during the  power-on start up time. is it correct ?

SBC need to get watchdog signal, i remember finish doing normal feed dog <=256ms,the MCU can         be normal work.  if we requirement this time is less 200ms, the MCU meets this requirement or not.

[Lukas] Yes, boot time is faster. See please section “6.4 Power mode transition operating behaviors” in the datasheet.

Regards,

Lukas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Guofred,

See please my answers below.

[Lukas] S32K3 has low voltage detectors which will force the device to reset state if the voltage is not sufficient. There’s a note in the datasheet:

“Device functionality is guaranteed down to the LVR assert level, however electrical performance of 12-bit ADC, CMP with 8-bit DAC, IO electrical characteristics, and communication modules electrical characteristics will be degraded when voltage drops below 2.97 V.”

So, if the voltage falls down, first the S32K3 will assert reset (typical value is 2.85V as shown in the DS) and then, little bit later, FS26 will react in addition. So, I can see no problem here.

[Lukas] If you want to achieve high accuracy, it’s necessary to use external oscillator, not FIRC/SIRC. So, the accuracy is then given by your external oscillator, not by the MCU.

[Lukas] Some data are already available in the datasheet, Table14:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=S32K3xxDS

The characterization is still ongoing, more details will be available in next revision of the datasheet. Probably in Q1/2022.

[Lukas] External pull up resistor is sufficient. More details can be found in Hardware Design Guidelines in “an679302 - S32K3 - Hardware Design Package_Rev_A (0.2)” which can be found on the DocStore (docstore.nxp.com).

[Lukas] Yes, boot time is faster. See please section “6.4 Power mode transition operating behaviors” in the datasheet.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
Guofred
Contributor III

Dear Lukas,

Thanks for your strong help.

would you like to share the an679302 - S32K3 - Hardware Design Package_Rev_A (0.2).

i haven't found it on the DocStore,  thanks a lot.

Guofred_1-1639555223799.png

Best regards.

Guofred

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Guofred,

I'm not allowed to share it directly. Please request higher access rights in the DocStore.

Thanks,

Lukas

0 Kudos
Guofred
Contributor III

Hi Lukas,

ok, thanks for your kindly help.

Best regards.

Guofred 

0 Kudos