how to flash a multicore application to a board with S32?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to flash a multicore application to a board with S32?

pmrlcbtcphtzjdq
Contributor III

I am trying to flash a multicore project onto the MPC5748G, and I cannot 'acces' the second core.

Flashing the first core (Z4_0), with the additional cores' .elf files (specified as 'additional object files' in the debug configuration) doesn't work - only the first core gets written on the board. If I try debugging with the same configuration (Z4_0 plus two .elf files), instead of flashing, then it results also only in first core being written to the board.

I tried flashing the cores separately however when flashing the second core on its own I get an error message and flashing fails. The error is:

PE-ERROR: Warning. Can't read registers while part is running

PE-ERROR: Warning. Can't read memory while part is running. @11d52b0 (4 bytes)

The thing that bothers me, is that when I create a 'launch group' and debug the application, then I can see all the cores running. Unfortunately I don't know how to flash the 'launch group' on to the board.

How to flash the second core?
Is it possible NOT to use the debugger when flashing?

I was thinking also about a workaround - is there any way to get a single .elf for the whole multicore project and flash it onto the board using some other software?

I'm really stuck, I would be grateful for any tips.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

only the first core gets written on the board

Have a look in map files, I expect your linkers are not correctly written as debugger loads code based on them.

I do not know which debugger do you refer to, the advance ones allow user to write scripts, where you can specify code programming details.

I was thinking also about a workaround - is there any way to get a single .elf for the whole multicore project and flash it onto the board using some other software?

Have a look at HOWTO guide:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio-Knowledge-Base/Example-MPC5777C-Single-ELF-multi-core...

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos