a newguy with this board,I want to know why the status of can is always busy,thanks

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a newguy with this board,I want to know why the status of can is always busy,thanks

Jump to solution
GaoWei149173702
Contributor I

I opened a demo project can_pal_s32k146,and downloaded it to the board S32K146-EVB,and started to debug.and I found that it always stopped at line 266:

while(CAN_GetTransferStatus(&can_pal1_instance, RX_MAILBOX) == STATUS_BUSY);

Do I need to connect the board to a "SLAVE"?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes. 

The example documentation can be found in the S32 SDK documentation at Examples and Demos section. (<SDK_PATH>/doc/Start_Here.html)
This also mentioned that you need to use an external 12V power supply.

description can_pal_s32k146.png

CAN PAL (S32K146EVB).png

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes. 

The example documentation can be found in the S32 SDK documentation at Examples and Demos section. (<SDK_PATH>/doc/Start_Here.html)
This also mentioned that you need to use an external 12V power supply.

description can_pal_s32k146.png

CAN PAL (S32K146EVB).png

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
GaoWei149173702
Contributor I

Is this demo for the board "S32K146EVB_Q1xx_RevB"?

I can't even catch any wave with a oscilloscope on the pin "canHI"while I press the buttons.

I only have one board ,is there any way to prove that it works well?such as loopback mode and so on.

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

This example should work for both Rev A and Rev B.

Hardware Wiring.png

Did you power the board with J16 external 12V supply? Otherwise the CAN_HI of J13 will not able to output CAN signal. You can also measure the signal at PTE5(for example J6 26pin)

0 Kudos
GaoWei149173702
Contributor I

OK, thanks very much.

0 Kudos