What should I do if the memory is locked due to a burn error?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do if the memory is locked due to a burn error?

Jump to solution
ShaoTianzhi
Contributor II

I accidentally burned the S32K142 chip code into the S32K146, resulting in the chip memory lock, how to solve

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@ShaoTianzhi

Then there is nothing I can do, this should be permanently locked

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@ShaoTianzhi

I don't know why the flashing is successful, because usually the debugger will check the part number of the device when flashing.

First of all, I need to tell you that this may not 100% percentage return to normal.

You can try to read the MDM-AP register to evaluate the current state of the chip.

Please read the following document carefully, which can help you understand the cause of the chip lock

S32K1xx系列MCU应用指南之芯片锁死(lockup)复位原因分析与恢复方法详解 

0 Kudos
ShaoTianzhi
Contributor II

I open the document,but it shows wrong content,maybe you gave me the wrong file?

0 Kudos
ShaoTianzhi
Contributor II
When I tried to follow the documentation to erase with J-Link, I was prompted with the following twice and then can't connect target: Protection bytes in flash at addr. 0x400 - 0x40F indicate that readout protection is set For debugger connection the device needs to be unsecured Note: Unsecuring will trigger a mass erase of the internalflash Doyouwanttounsecurethedevice? How do I solve this error?
0 Kudos
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@ShaoTianZhi

Can you provide a screenshot? What is the value of your MDM-AP?
After clicking yes to confirm the execution of mass erase, is it prompted that the unlocking is successful?

0 Kudos
ShaoTianzhi
Contributor II

Can't get the value of your MDM-AP,and can't mass erase,after clicking yes to confirm the execution of mass erase,it is prompted "Can't connect the target".

0 Kudos
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@ShaoTianzhi

Then there is nothing I can do, this should be permanently locked

0 Kudos