What's the pin width of S32K144 LQFP100?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the pin width of S32K144 LQFP100?

Jump to solution
fortunely
Contributor III

What's the pin width of S32K144 LQFP100? Is it 0.23mm , or 0.30mm? What's the meaning of 0.10 below 0.23 and 0.30?

I download the package document(SOT407-3.pdf) about LQFP 100 of S32K144 from NXP website. But I am not sure what the pin width data is.  

Pinwidth_1.png

Pinwidth_2.png

1 Solution
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Martin,

There are many standards like ANSI(Inch System), ISO (Metric System) or ASME which defines the tolerances drawing.

However, this type of tolerance specification typically refers to Limits of size. The limits of size are the largest acceptable size and the minimum acceptable size of a feature.

The smaller dimension (e.g. 0.1~0.23 width) is the size of lead frame material (e.g. copper). The bigger dimension (e.g 0.1~0.3 width) is the size of pin include coating material (e.g. tin).

The picture on the left side is from package top side. The picture on the right side is cut through the pin. Since the A-A cut is taken from the right point of view (per arrows direction), we can rotate CW this picture for achieving that top side of the drawing will refer to the top side of the package. 

Therefore, the rotated picture means that pin width is in range 0.1~0.3mm and pin thickness in range 0.07~0.2mm.

I hope it helps you

Have a great day,
Radek

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Martin,

There is one application note which may also help you - AN4388 Quad Flat Package (QFP)

Best regards,

Diana

fortunely
Contributor III

Hi dianabatrlova‌,

Thanks. That's helpful.

0 Kudos
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Martin,

There are many standards like ANSI(Inch System), ISO (Metric System) or ASME which defines the tolerances drawing.

However, this type of tolerance specification typically refers to Limits of size. The limits of size are the largest acceptable size and the minimum acceptable size of a feature.

The smaller dimension (e.g. 0.1~0.23 width) is the size of lead frame material (e.g. copper). The bigger dimension (e.g 0.1~0.3 width) is the size of pin include coating material (e.g. tin).

The picture on the left side is from package top side. The picture on the right side is cut through the pin. Since the A-A cut is taken from the right point of view (per arrows direction), we can rotate CW this picture for achieving that top side of the drawing will refer to the top side of the package. 

Therefore, the rotated picture means that pin width is in range 0.1~0.3mm and pin thickness in range 0.07~0.2mm.

I hope it helps you

Have a great day,
Radek

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

fortunely
Contributor III

Hi Radek Sestak,

Thanks for your help. I get it now. 

0 Kudos