What is the scenario of data match wakeup/address wakeup/idle line wakeup in LPUART module?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the scenario of data match wakeup/address wakeup/idle line wakeup in LPUART module?

Jump to solution
nathan_wang
Contributor I

I am using S32K1xx for LIN communication. I see data match wakeup/address wakeup/idle line wakeup of receiver features in S32K Reference Manual. So I wonder if these features are used in LIN communication? And what the scenario of these features?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@nathan_wang

Idle line wakeup/Address mark wakeup/Receive data match can be used to wakeup MCU from STOP mode and can reduce ISR overhead.

Idle line wakeup:

The receiver wakes up when detects a full character time of the idle-line level and generates an interrupt if enabled.

Address-mark wakeup

The receiver wakes up when detects a logic 1 in the most significant bit of the received character/ when parity is enabled, the second most significant bit is used for address-mark wakeup, and generates an interrupt if enabled.

Data match wakeup

The receiver wakes up when detects a character that matches MATCH[MA1] field when BAUD[MAEN1] is set, or that matches MATCH[MA2] when BAUD[MAEN2] is set, and generates an interrupt if enabled.

Receiver wakeup and receiver address matching is a hardware mechanism that allows an
LPUART receiver to ignore the characters in a message intended for a different receiver.

The S32K LPUART module has some of the features described above, but these features have nothing to do with LIN. The LIN standard does not require MCUs to have these features. The use of these features is entirely up to the user.

BR!

Jim.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@nathan_wang

Idle line wakeup/Address mark wakeup/Receive data match can be used to wakeup MCU from STOP mode and can reduce ISR overhead.

Idle line wakeup:

The receiver wakes up when detects a full character time of the idle-line level and generates an interrupt if enabled.

Address-mark wakeup

The receiver wakes up when detects a logic 1 in the most significant bit of the received character/ when parity is enabled, the second most significant bit is used for address-mark wakeup, and generates an interrupt if enabled.

Data match wakeup

The receiver wakes up when detects a character that matches MATCH[MA1] field when BAUD[MAEN1] is set, or that matches MATCH[MA2] when BAUD[MAEN2] is set, and generates an interrupt if enabled.

Receiver wakeup and receiver address matching is a hardware mechanism that allows an
LPUART receiver to ignore the characters in a message intended for a different receiver.

The S32K LPUART module has some of the features described above, but these features have nothing to do with LIN. The LIN standard does not require MCUs to have these features. The use of these features is entirely up to the user.

BR!

Jim.

0 Kudos
nathan_wang
Contributor I

Hi@Senlent,

Thanks for your reply. So are these features used in Infrared?

0 Kudos
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@nathan_wang

I may not understand what you mean, do you mean these features can be used for infrared?

The scenarios in which these features are used are entirely up to the user。

BR!

0 Kudos