What is the difference between ADC precision channel and standard channel of S32K3

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between ADC precision channel and standard channel of S32K3

Jump to solution
ZhaozhangChen
Contributor I

Hi

What is the difference between ADC precision channel and standard channel of S32K3。

0 Kudos
1 Solution
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In principle there are technology reasons why inputs are different - Because we have many analog inputs for ADC and from some pins the analog path is long, we need to use multiple switches on each analog input. On the precision channels the number of switches is limited so it is recommended for main measurements. Standard channels have more switches in the path.

In the current revision of datasheet there is not much difference visible, but I guess the biggest difference will be defined later (source impedance).

davidtosenovjan_0-1665473427220.png

davidtosenovjan_1-1665473459420.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In principle there are technology reasons why inputs are different - Because we have many analog inputs for ADC and from some pins the analog path is long, we need to use multiple switches on each analog input. On the precision channels the number of switches is limited so it is recommended for main measurements. Standard channels have more switches in the path.

In the current revision of datasheet there is not much difference visible, but I guess the biggest difference will be defined later (source impedance).

davidtosenovjan_0-1665473427220.png

davidtosenovjan_1-1665473459420.png

0 Kudos