Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What difference between S32K 0N47T and 0N77P

Jump to solution
alex_yu1
Contributor III

Hello,

I have two types S32K144 micro-p, which have different mask. the one is PS32K144UAVLL 0N47T, the other is PS32K144HFVLL 0N77P.

my question :

Which one is the latest micro-p?

is there any impact for software development? specially for the hardware driver development.

1 Solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alex,

0N77P - cut 1 (initial prototype sample)

0N47T - cut 2

0N57U - cut 2.1 (production device)

There's a lot of differences between initial cut 1 and cut 2, so use cut 2 for development.

cut 2 - manufactured in limited quantity - it had been used only for EVB boards before the production devices were ready.

cut 2 and cut 2.1 are 100% compatible.

Regards,

Lukas

View solution in original post

6 Replies
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alex,

0N77P - cut 1 (initial prototype sample)

0N47T - cut 2

0N57U - cut 2.1 (production device)

There's a lot of differences between initial cut 1 and cut 2, so use cut 2 for development.

cut 2 - manufactured in limited quantity - it had been used only for EVB boards before the production devices were ready.

cut 2 and cut 2.1 are 100% compatible.

Regards,

Lukas

lohrsistemas
Contributor IV

Lukas,

I developed hardware for version 0N77P, and now I received the 0N47T version and I am not able to burn/debugguer. Is there any hardware difference?

Thanks

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

there's a lot of differences from software point of view (modules, interrupts, memory map...) but it's compatible in case of hardware. There's no difference in pinout (I means in supply voltages, GNDs...).

The only visible difference is: when the device is empty, 0N47T is periodically reset after power up. The device comes out of reset each about 120us and after very short time the reset is triggered again because because there's no valid reset vector.

There's Boot ROM on 0N77P which is executed after reset, so it's just hanging somewhere in software endless loop (that means reset is not triggered). Boot ROM has been removed on 0N47T.

Regards,

Lukas

lohrsistemas
Contributor IV

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for your feedback.

Can you check my hardware for connection to SEGGER Jlink, do you think the connection below is correct?

pastedImage_1.png

With this hardware I was able to write the 0N77P version perfectly. But all the MCUs 0N77P version already had a pre-loaded firmware (because they are from Eval Boards).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

sorry for delay...

Comparing to this description SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - Interface description 

... I can see nothing wrong.

Have you tried to check the signals by oscilloscope to see if there's something unusual?

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
lohrsistemas
Contributor IV

Lukas,

Thanks for your feedback.

After unsuccessful attempts to burn via Jtag, I tried the burning via SWD, and thus succeeded. I do not know what may be happening, I contacted the NXP team here in Brazil and they also can not tell me what's happening, but they'll send me new samples and an EVB with zero-force socket to test the MCUs.

Regards.

0 Kudos