cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unified Bootloader Binaries

Grasshopper1
Contributor II

Hello all,

I'm using the Unified UDS Bootloader for S32K boards as a baseline for my project. So far, I have gotten both the desktop application and the firmware running, and I have been able to send an update and flash the board using the desktop application.

However, I do not understand how the binaries "flash_api.bin" and "S32k144_CANFD.bin" are generated. I assumed the latter is simply the compiled version of the provided source code, but the .bin file I generated through compiling the source code is larger, and temporarily disables the board until another project is flashed.

I have also followed the description given by @Senlent as a comment in the project post; however, I am still very confused about how to compile the "flash_api.bin". Can I have the source code for it and a description to how I can compile sources to be flashed using the app?

Any replies are greatly appreciated!

Best,

Grasshopper

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Grasshopper1
Contributor II

Hi @Senlent

Thanks for the speedy reply! When I tried compiling the flash bin file, I got an error saying Mca1.h and C40_Ip.h was not found. Moreover, my linker files looked very different compared to the image. Should I create the project as a new S32K application or am I missing any steps during project creation?

I'll try again in the morning following the article.

Best,

Grasshopper

0 Kudos

Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@Grasshopper1

1.This is an article I wrote before to explain what flash bin is.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K-Knowledge-Base/S32K-How-to-make-Flash-Driver-image/ta-p/1630873

2.I have clearly written how to create a flash bin file in the comment on the link you provided, and the source file is also in this comment.

Senlent_0-1709519394847.png

0 Kudos