cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with S32k118 evb

Ashish4525
Contributor II

Dear All

Currently I am using S32k1182Q048 EVB, I have powered up my device with microusb,I have made jumper settings J104(1-2),J107(2-3),J10(2-3) .As I plugged in Usb to pc,all reset red ligh and two green light  is on but after whenever I am loading any srec file inside boatloader drive one green led is blinking 8times and getting off,no RGB led is blinking ,I am following getting started method and used all the methods even I have dumped the BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111 and MSD-DEBUG-S32K116EVB-Q048_PEmicro_v125 into boatloader drive same issue.

I am trying to set up serial communication also using freemaster still it shows no device is been connected, I have used both manual and automation way of setting up serial communication via Freemaster tool.

Following steps I have followed too as mention in QUICK START GUIDE:-

Enter OpenSDA Bootloader Mode

Load an OpenSDA Application

Using the MSD Flash Programmer

I have dropped .srec file of example project also 

all steps mentioned above ,Nothing has work till now.

Pfa

with regards

Ashish Pokhriyal

0 Kudos
17 Replies

Ashish4525
Contributor II

Hi all

My problem is still not solved.

shall I use 12volt supply and jumper setting J104 2-3?

0 Kudos

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Ashish4525,

You can look into this in-depth guide for the S32K1: S32K1xx Series MCU Application Guide - Chip Lockup Reset Cause Analysis and Recovery Methods Explain... for steps in how to determine whether the MCU can be unlocked or restored, as well as MDM-AP Status registers explanations.

Please, try to perform the suggested recovery procedure from above. If you are not able to get the board working let us know to provide further support.

Best regards,
Julián.

0 Kudos

Ashish4525
Contributor II

Hi Julian

Even I am trying to do mass erase via S32ds 3.5 version ,I am not able to erase s32k118evb board.

what should I do in this position?

with regards

Ashish

0 Kudos

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Ashish4525,

Could you please try to load a dummy example with an external debugger? Could you also provide the error message shown by S32 Design Studio?

Best regards,
Julián.

0 Kudos

Ashish4525
Contributor II

Hi Julian

No error is showing on s32ds,inside debug configuration I checked Emergency Kinetic Device Recovery by Full Chip Erase' option and then clicked on flash but instead of doing mass erase, it took me to debug window.

with regards

Ashish

0 Kudos

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Ashish4525,

Could you try selecting "Emergency Kinetis Device Recovery by Full Chip Erase" in debug configuration and sharing what message is returned? (Even if it's not an error message directly from the debugger)

Julin_AragnM_0-1706130645560.png

Best regards,
Julián

0 Kudos

Ashish4525
Contributor II

Hi Julian

I have shared screenshots, please have a look once .

with regards

Ashish  

0 Kudos

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Ashish4525,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but the last image you shared shows the Debug View for the project with the MCU connected.

Is the example not running correctly, or what is exactly the problem after doing a Full Chip Erase?

0 Kudos

Ashish4525
Contributor II

Hi Julian

In  S32ds,I am unable to do full chip erase even after selecting emergency full chip erase option.

S32ds IDE is taking me to debugger console only.

0 Kudos

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Ashish4525,

The mass erase is performed prior to flashing your code. The debugger console as you've shared from the last image is the project running from the debug view. 

Are you trying to only perform a mass erase without debugging or flashing the project? 

Best regards,
Julián

0 Kudos

Ashish4525
Contributor II

Hi Julian 

I am not trying only mass erase without debugging.

0 Kudos

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Ashish4525,

As per your last image, the project has been built and is in debugger mode, which means the mass erase has been successfully completed, and the debugger identified your board, all left to do is to run the code from the green play icon.

Julin_AragnM_0-1706736428728.png

Best regards,
Julián

0 Kudos

Ashish4525
Contributor II

Hi julian

I have done the same by running debugger via green button still no rgb and led is blinking 

0 Kudos

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Ashish4525,

I have just uploaded the example to the board and there was no issue.

Just as confirmation, when you debug and click Resume (F8), does the code keep running? Or does it stop? It seems you have a breakpoint in line 45 (delay(720000);),

Julin_AragnM_0-1707252752040.png

If nothing happens after running the code, there may be some hardware problems in your board.

Best regards,
Julián

0 Kudos

Ashish4525
Contributor II

Hi Julián

Could you share any tutorial for s32k118 evb recovery method and also from where and which tool I can see MDM-AP status register value?

with regards

Ashish

0 Kudos

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Ashish4525,

Please help me taking a look into this community post: 

Solved: issue detecting and getting started S32K118EVB2Q04... - NXP Community

Best regards,
Julián

0 Kudos

Ashish4525
Contributor II

Hi Julian

As mentioned above, I have tried the same method explained by your one of contributer.

Even I have dumped jumpstart code, only one green led is blinking with 8 times and 2 sec off repetition.

Please guide me what should I do in this situation?

with regards

Ashish Pokhriyal  

0 Kudos