The max power consumption in S32K144 sleep mode(VLPS)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The max power consumption in S32K144 sleep mode(VLPS)

nick_hsiao
Contributor II

Hi Team,

I've design the sleep mode on S32K144, and well done. But in manufactury, they found there is about 1% the sleep current in system level get higher (over 100uA). Our system design is about 8x uA in normal temperature, some of NG devices go over than 100uA. I am not sure if the power consumption tolerance of S32K is enough because I have not seen any data of the MAX consumption in sleep mode in normal temperature (25C).

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @nick_hsiao ,

So the difference is only about 20uA?

Which peripherals do you use in VLPS?

Please check for any floating inputs.

Is it possible that the additional consumption is cause by leakage on external components?

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

nick_hsiao
Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

Yes, our system sleep current typical is 8x uA, and the requirement is 100uA. That's why I am afraid that the margin is not enough, and send this case to you. The largest one is S32K, which is about 3x uA; as for CAN transceiver, it is about 2x uA. Most of time, the failure one is S32K.

Our software engineer replied that "

We only enable the interrupt detection for GPIO PTE4, other peripherals are not used(Due to peripheral clock is disabled)

", the PTE4 is CAN RX which is in charge of CAN wake up behavior.

For the rest of other schematic floating pin, the configuration is GPIO input, is that floating? Do you have the max sleep current consumption in 25C?

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nick,

Can you please make sure CLKBIASDIS = 1, BIASEN = 1?

The PTE4 pin does not have to be MUXed to GPIO, the interrupt works with all the digital functions of the pin including CAN_RX. But this is not the issue here.

If a pin is configures as a digital input, the voltage on the pin must be equal to VDD or VSS - it must not be floating.

Regarding the max. consumption at 25C, let me check if there are any data available. 

It may take a while though,

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

nick_hsiao
Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

Yes, we confirmed CLKBIASDIS = 1, BIASEN = 1. See the attached picture.

As for the floating pin, the unused pin floating is reviewed by your FAE, do you have any suggestion without schematic changing? Because we cannot modify the PCB layout in MP stage. We use AUTOSAR.

Thanks,

Nick.

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nick,

I just send you some validation data via email.

Please refer to AN5426 Hardware Design Guidelines for S32K1xx Microcontrollers,

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/arm-microcontrollers/s32k-automotive-mc...

Chapter 8 Unused pins.

Table 12

Footnote 2: For unused digital and analog pins, the pin function should be set to DISABLED by setting the corresponding

Footnote 3: PORTx_PCRn[MUX] field to 0b000. The DISABLED function is default state for all pins not initialized. For pins with ADC functionality software should not trigger ADC channel conversion on the channel which is multiplexed with the unused pin. For pins with CMP functionality software should not enable CMP channel connected to the unused pin.

Can you please share the schematic.

If you don't want to share it here, please create a ticket.

Thank you,

BR, Daniel

0 Kudos