Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing MCAL CAN module

Jump to solution
talha_uyar
Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to understand the CAN module of MCAL drivers. I am using S32DS on S32K118 EVB. In the "Integration Manual" for CAN driver it is stated that "There have to be another one CAN node present on the CAN bus in order to get the CAN bus synchronized."

My question is about using the CAN driver with only the S32K118 EVB. Can I test the CAN driver without connecting another CAN node to the CAN bus of EVB? Will the processor raise an error during Run-Time if there are no CAN nodes connected?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
hungnguyenphi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello  Muhammet Uyar,

User can test the CAN driver without connecting another CAN node to the CAN bus of EVB. But the send process will never completed because the CAN bus cannot be synchronized. And the next time user call the Can_write with the same HTH it will return CAN_BUSY. It will not raise an error during Run-Time if there are no CAN nodes connected.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
hungnguyenphi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello  Muhammet Uyar,

User can test the CAN driver without connecting another CAN node to the CAN bus of EVB. But the send process will never completed because the CAN bus cannot be synchronized. And the next time user call the Can_write with the same HTH it will return CAN_BUSY. It will not raise an error during Run-Time if there are no CAN nodes connected.

0 Kudos
talha_uyar
Contributor III

Will the HTH still return CAN_BUSY in the LoopBack Mode? If not, can't I use the LoopBack Mode for basic testing.

0 Kudos
hungnguyenphi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No, it will not return CAN_BUSY in the LoopBack mode and you can use it for basic testing.

0 Kudos
talha_uyar
Contributor III

Thanks a lot for the response.

0 Kudos