TJA1101 force sleep

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TJA1101 force sleep

JUNJIECHANG
Contributor I

I'm testing the sleep mode of TJA1101. After I put it to sleep through the forced sleep command, I tried to use the command to put it into standby mode, but it didn't work. How can I get it out of sleep mode?

The device can be switched to Sleep by setting the FORCE_SLEEP=1. Note that this
command would turn the PHY to sleep mode immediately if it is not already in Sleep.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Bulat
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Do you remove power from the chip when entering into sleep mode?

If you read register #17 during sleep, what value it returns?

Regards,

Bulat

0 Kudos

JUNJIECHANG
Contributor I
First of all thanks for your reply!
        I don't remove power form the chip when entering into sleep mode, and the value of the register #17 during sleep readed is 0x5000.
        Now we use TC37x control the TJA1101, and use the INH pin control connect to TLF35584 WAK pin, so when I want to power off the controller, I must first put the PHY into sleep mode. But when I put the PHY into Sleep mode through the Fource Sleep command, the PHY chip cannot be activated by the activity detected signal of the bus. What should I do (the WAKE_IN_OUT pin is not connected to the hardware)?

Looking forward to your reply!
0 Kudos

Bulat
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you read the value of register #18 before entering into sleep?

0 Kudos

JUNJIECHANG
Contributor I
 Now we use TC37x control the TJA1101, and use the INH pin control connect to TLF35584 WAK pin, so when I want to power off the controller, I must first put the PHY into sleep mode. But when I put the PHY into Sleep mode through the Fource Sleep command, the PHY chip cannot be activated by the activity detected signal of the bus. What should I do (the WAKE_IN_OUT pin is not connected to the hardware)?

Looking forward to your reply!
0 Kudos

JUNJIECHANG
Contributor I

I can read the value of register #18 before entering into sleep,it is 0x5E05. 

0 Kudos