Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SW32K3_RTD_4.4_2.0.3 EXAMPLE

Jump to solution
hajianik
Senior Contributor I

Hi, My design studio is v3.5 and I 'm trying to build the following example:

C:\NXP\SW32K3_RTD_4.4_2.0.3\eclipse\plugins\Adc_TS_T40D34M20I3R0\examples\S32DS\Adc_example_S32K312

I get this EROR:

In file included from C:/NXP/SW32K3_RTD_4.4_2.0.3/eclipse/plugins/Base_TS_T40D34M20I3R0/include/Mcal.h:66,
from ../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/system.c:36:
C:/NXP/SW32K3_RTD_4.4_2.0.3/eclipse/plugins/Base_TS_T40D34M20I3R0/include/OsIf_Internal.h:46:10: fatal error: OsIf_Cfg.h: No such file or directory
Finished building: ../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/startup_cm7.s
46 | #include "OsIf_Cfg.h"

I can see the file OsIf_Cfg.h is under some generated folder!!!

So the question begs: what is this generated folder/ is this freaking Treso_autosar  stuff. I was under the impression that this the BARE METAL CODE.

I'm sure I'm missing something. Just started on s32k3.

Thanks,

Koorosh Hajiani

Thanks,

Koorosh Hajiani

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @hajianik 

Just to make sure, have you generated the code from Config Tools? The following is said under the "description.txt" file provided under the example:

Before running the example, a configuration needs to be generated. First, go to Project Explorer View in S32 DS and select the current project. Select the "S32 Configuration Tool" menu, then click on the desired configuration tool (Pins, Cocks, Peripherals, etc...). Clicking on any one of those will generate all the components. Make the desired changes(if any), then click on the "S32 Configuration Tool -> Update Code" button.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @hajianik 

Just to make sure, have you generated the code from Config Tools? The following is said under the "description.txt" file provided under the example:

Before running the example, a configuration needs to be generated. First, go to Project Explorer View in S32 DS and select the current project. Select the "S32 Configuration Tool" menu, then click on the desired configuration tool (Pins, Cocks, Peripherals, etc...). Clicking on any one of those will generate all the components. Make the desired changes(if any), then click on the "S32 Configuration Tool -> Update Code" button.

0 Kudos
hajianik
Senior Contributor I

Sorry , in my previous post I mentioned the wrong RTD. the RTD that was downloaded as an update site is:

S32K3 Real-Time Drivers AUTOSAR 4.4 Version 2.0.0.

Thanks

0 Kudos
hajianik
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks so much for your response.

Well I downloaded the DESIGN STUDIO 3.4 and for the update I chose SW32K3_RTD_R21-11_3.0.0_P10_D2307 AUTOSAR. THAT WAS MY ONLY OPTION.  Then I did what you mentioned in your previous response and it builds ok. now my question is : even though in the RTD description is mentioned this could be used for non autosar projects. However I see lots of autosar stuff.

What is osif files for? 

does this RTD (SW32K3_RTD_R21-11_3.0.0_P10_D2307 AUTOSAR) support none autosar code?

Sorry for all the questions? I happened to really hate autosar stuff.

Regards,

Koorosh Hajiani

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @hajianik 

What are osif files for?

Contains the common files/definitions needed by the MCAL. This means that it is a dependency
for all other MCAL modules. The BASE module consists of a list of C header files that can be split into 3
categories:

AutoSAR required files (that AutoSAR specifies and must not be modified)

Stubs - files that are required by AutoSAR but are provided as examples in the NXP Semiconductor S32K3 RTD release. They must be rewritten by the integrator.

Files that are required by the NXP Semiconductor S32K3 RTD MCAL must not be modified.

Does this RTD support none autosar code?

All the RTD versions we provide can be used for AUTOSAR and non-AUTOSAR applications. 

0 Kudos
hajianik
Senior Contributor I

VanB,

Thank you once again for your response.

One last topic and then I'll be out of your hair.

I tried to debug all the DIO examples , they build ok however I can not debug them.

I am using S32K31XEVB-Q100  (which I can find the schematic for it) using JTAG and PNE DEBUG CONFIGARATION. THIS IS WHAT I ENDUO AND THE DEBUGGER IS TEMINATED.

hajianik_0-1690494711399.png

I CAN CONNECT TO THE BOARD BUT CAN'T DEBUG

0 Kudos
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @hajianik 

The evaluation boards come with an onboard debugger which has OpenSDA that provides a bridge between your computer (or other USB hosts) and the embedded target processor, which can be used for debugging, flash programming, and serial communication, all over a simple USB cable.

It is not necessary to use an external debugger to flash programming unless you want it or required it.

If you are connecting an external debugger using JTAG and PNE DEBUG configurations, the debugger must be a PEmicro device. 

0 Kudos
hajianik
Senior Contributor I

Hi VaneB,

I tried OPEN SDA  as I have many times with K1 SERIES but .it wouldn't connect to the target.

this k3 is giving me lots of griefs. Is  there any jumper setting I need to do for this,  as I mentioned before

I don't have the schematic for s32k31xeval-q100 BOARD.  

Thanks

0 Kudos