cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32k146 MCAL Variant handling at configuration container level

VinayGD
Contributor I

Hello,

For enabling the variant handling, we have followed the below topic from NXP forum:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio/MCAL-Variant-Handling-in-EB-Tresos/m-p/1017609

We are able to configure multiple variants and add variant criterian to the applicable parameters as shown below:

VinayGD_0-1634885545783.png

However, we also want the variant handling at the container level as shown below:

VinayGD_2-1634885629086.png

For instance, in the 1st variant, we want only the highlighted PWM channel containers and in 2nd variant, the remaining 3 channels.

We explored all possible solutions and the user/developer guide from tresos, but could not find what we were looking for.

Could anyone help us here in achieving this kind of configuration?

Is it really possible to do such kind of configuration, if so, please provide link to such documents or information with examples.

Thank you in advance,

Vinay G

0 Kudos
3 Replies

namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately, it would not possible, the PwmChannelIsUsed doesn't support variant criterion as you can see.

Best Regards,

Nam

0 Kudos

namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

As I know, this would not possible. In each variant, the reference to the HW channel might be different, but it's not possible to keep some channels in a variant, while other channels in another variant (they must be identical).

Best Regards,

Nam

0 Kudos

VinayGD
Contributor I

Ok, is it possible to enable the channel for a variant and disable for the other?

I see the below config parameter, but it does not support variant criterian:

VinayGD_0-1634900532702.png

0 Kudos