cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32k118evb Chip selection

Pokhriyala
Contributor I

Dear all

I am confuse in chip selection pin. I am using S32k118evb2Q048 board so should I use PTB5 or PTB13 because on schematic it is shown PTB13 is connected SBC_CS and on other side inside guide manual it is shown on PTB5 as LPSPI0_PCS1 .

So to which  port I should make connection PTB5 or PTB13?

PFA

B.R

Ashish

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@Pokhriyala

Sorry for the inconvenience.

S32K118EVB provides several batches of versions. This may be caused by inconsistent versions.

I tested the S32K1182Q048 in my hand. PTB13 is connected to the CS pin of SBC.

0 Kudos

Ashish4525
Contributor II

Dear Senlent

I am sharing login analyzer screenshot whenever I have tried to run via PTB5 Chip selection is working and data is showing on MOSI also but when I am using PTB13 no signal working in chip selection channel neither clock working nor MOSI data is going so.

NOTE: In EB tresos even At PTB5 ALT function coming as LPSPI0_PCS1 but PTB13 only GPIO is showing .

PFA and compared both images which one is correct according to you.

B.R

Ashish

0 Kudos

Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@Ashish4525

I know that the PTB13 you mentioned is not the CS pin, but I used a multimeter to measure that the PTB13 pin of the MCU is actually connected to the CS pin of the SBC.

So I suggest you use a multimeter to test the pin connection of PTB13 again.

MCU.PTB13->U34.B2->UJA1169.scs

0 Kudos

Ashish4525
Contributor II

Dear Selentic

I have checked with multimeter PTB13 is connected on hardware level but when it is come to configuration in tresos it showing PTB5 as LPSPI0_PCS1 Alternate function.

In PTB13 only FTM_CH1 as AlternateFunction is coming.

NOTE: I am not getting any response from UJA1169 even I am using 12volt supply, how can I solve this problem?

B.R

Ashish

0 Kudos

Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@Ashish4525

I am not familiar with the EB settings, but the SPI CS pin can be replaced by any GPIO port, which means

you can use PTB13 as the CS pin.

You can set PTB13 as a GPIO port and control the output state of PTB13 when you need to read and

write the SPI interface.

0 Kudos