Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K344'sPadkeeping

Jump to solution
luyq
Contributor III

Hello!

I saw the padkeeping function in the chip manual. The original text says, "Pad keeping allows you to return to I/O Run mode configuration settings after using I/O during Standby mode. It eliminates I/O
reconfiguration in Run mode."
I have two questions here: 1. How to change the state of IO in StandBy mode? 2. After exiting StandBy mode, is the chip equivalent to resetting?

Looking forward to your reply!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @luyq,

When pad keeping is enabled, it can ensure that the pin can retain its states from wakeup until user unlock it (during standby, wakeup - reset)

The wakeup is always through a reset and if the pad keeping is disabled, the pins will be placed to thier default states after reset by default. Which means that for the time between the wakeup and the port re-initialization, the pins are uncontrollable.

Regards,

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @luyq,

When pad keeping is enabled, it can ensure that the pin can retain its states from wakeup until user unlock it (during standby, wakeup - reset)

The wakeup is always through a reset and if the pad keeping is disabled, the pins will be placed to thier default states after reset by default. Which means that for the time between the wakeup and the port re-initialization, the pins are uncontrollable.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
luyq
Contributor III

Hello,

Thank you for your answer, I would like to ask if the IO output state can be changed after the chip enters the StandBy mode?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please refer to the RM.

danielmartynek_0-1634134056210.png

BR, Daniel

Tags (1)
0 Kudos