S32K344 - TJA1101 PHY Driver (ADTJA1101-RMII)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K344 - TJA1101 PHY Driver (ADTJA1101-RMII)

jabran
Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to run Ethernet WITHOUT Loopback mode using a Transceiver adapter (ADTJA1101-RMII) on S32K344 Eval Board.

There are two examples provided with S32K3xx development package for this. One uses Gmac_1 RTD solution (Example 1 - xxxxx_DS_01) and the other uses traditional AUTOSAR solution using Eth, Eth_If, EthTrcv combined into GMAC (Example 2 - xxxxxx_DS_02).

The problem is that PHY driver is not provided in S32K3xx development package therefore I am unable to configure ADTJA1101-RMII through S32 Design Studio.

ADTJA1101-RMII is connected through SABRE connector on S32K148 board and works fine but when connected to S32K344 board it doesn't have any configurable drivers in S32 Design Studio.

If you guys have any Ethernet PHY solution/example for S32K344, please help. ADTJA1101-RMII should be compatible with S32K344 using SABRE connection, but if it is not, please provide a list of ETH PHY I can use with this board.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
26 Replies

jabran
Contributor II

Yeah I have configured my side the same. My media converter is configured as SLAVE and ETH PHY is configured as MASTER.

Also I verified TPAD12 has 50 MHz REF_CLK on it (measured through oscilloscope).

As far as power supply is concerned, I am connecting the board with 12V adapter and ethernet jumper J675 is powering the ethernet adapter with 3V3. I added that code snippet from the link you sent me to make it work with 3V3 but still can't see packets on PC unfortunately.

0 Kudos

namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @jabran,

Are you familiar with Microsoft Teams? I can send you an invitation. Otherwise please recommend preferred meeting environment. 

In which timeslot you're available? I'm available from 9:30AM to 12:00AM and from 1:30PM to 6:00PM ICT (GMT +7).

What's your email address?

Best Regards,

Nam

0 Kudos

jabran
Contributor II

Project files attached (as requested in the meeting today).

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

jabran
Contributor II

Hey Nam,

Yes I have Microsoft teams. My email is jabran@atlismotorvehicles.com

We can setup a meeting for Friday at 10:30 AM your time (ICT). I will be online to take the meeting and debug this issue with you.

I am available any time (24/7). Just need this issue resolved

Let me know if that time slot doesn't work for you. Book anything for Friday and I will be online.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos

namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @jabran,

We have a EthTrcv_43_PHY package, which is an upper layer of Eth/Gmac for PHY configuration and APIs. The package supports TJA1101, and can be used on top of RTD for K3. Unfortunately, the package is in early stage and hasn't supported S32DS yet. We are planning to add the S32DS support in the BETA release, which will come in this August.

At the moment, we can support you with implement Eth/Gmac driver to communicate with TJA1101. The Eth/Gmac drivers has supported MDIO/MMD write/read commands to communicate with TJA1101, however we need to build from scratches.

Please let me know your idea.

Best Regards,

Nam

0 Kudos

jabran
Contributor II

Thanks for quick response.

We will take whatever you have for now to get TJA1101 working for testing purpose. Can we have a sample project for S32DS after you guys have configured it to work with TJA1101 through MDIO?

How long do you think it would take you guys to come up with MDIO solution to communicate with TJA1101?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos