cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K344-Q172 Board Overheated and Stopped Working

cw20
Contributor II

Hi,

I have an S32K344-Q172 and it stopped working all of a sudden. I was doing nothing special with the board: I connected it to the power supply and a PEMicro debugger and was probing the TJA1022T transceiver. I've been working with a similar setup for the past 2 months and never had an issue with it. However, today the debugger suddenly disconnected from the board and S32DS and I was unable to reconnect it. When I switch off the board, the LED light fades away. The reset button does not turn on the reset LED and debugging a project on S32DS does not cause the reset LED to flash. Additionally, the board heated up a lot, especially the pfs26, which became extremely hot (hard to touch) immediately after turning on the board. After this happened, I switched over to another S32K344-Q172 board and the same thing happened within 20 mins (during the first 20 mins, the board was working well). I tried probing the power supply but there is nothing special there (12V). I switched the debugger to another one that I knew was working fine and this problem still persisted. There were no smells. What should I do?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Clara,

Is there a difference in the VDD_HV_A voltage when the debugger is connected and disconnected?

How do you probe the transceiver?

Is there anything else connected to the board?

Can you share all the possitions of the jumpers on the EVB?

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos